As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Solar Microinverter Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global solar microinverter market size reached US$ 789 Million in 2019. Solar microinverters are electronic devices that are utilized in photovoltaic (PV) cells for altering the waveform of the current. They are safe, reliable, cost-effective and assist in reducing the risk of fire, producing more electricity, dissipating significantly less heat, operating without noise and offering immense design flexibility. Besides this, they can also maintain a consistent flow of energy and maximize the power from solar panels by using the Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology. Solar microinverters provide several technical advantages as compared to their conventional counterparts, such as string and solar inverters.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Solar Microinverter Market Trends:
On account of rapid urbanization, rising population, growing environmental concerns and the increasing consumption of power, government authorities of numerous countries are undertaking initiatives to encourage the use of renewable energy. This represents one of the major factors that is impelling the solar microinverter market growth. Moreover, these authorities are incorporating solar power into their electrical grids to provide an alternative to conventional energy sources and minimize their dependence on imported fuels. Furthermore, the substantial reduction in the prices of microinverters, in confluence with the rising utilization of Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV), is also propelling the market growth. BIPV is the integration of PV power generators into the building envelope materials that act as an ancillary or principal source of electrical power. Apart from this, some of the leading vendors in the industry are increasing their budget to introduce product innovations. For instance, Tesla, Inc. launched the Solar Roof V3 that comprises the power wall battery, which turns sunlight into electricity. It is made using tempered glass tiles and stands stronger than non-solar tiles and regular plate glass. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 2,868 Million by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 23.6% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the connectivity, the market has been bifurcated into standalone and on-grid solar microinverters.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been segmented into hardware and software.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the communication channel into wired and wireless.
- Based on the type, the market has been segregated into the single and three phase microinverters.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into the residential, commercial and other sectors.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd., Chilicon Power, LLC, Enphase Energy Inc., Altenergy Power System Inc., SunPower Corporation, Darfon Electronics Corporation, Siemens AG, Delta Energy Systems (Germany) GmbH, Alencon Systems LLC, ReneSola Ltd., Omnik New Energy Co. Ltd., EnluxSolar Co. Ltd., Sungrow Deutschland GmbH, Sensata Technologies, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal