As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Sonobuoy Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global sonobuoy market size reached US$ 282 Million in 2019. A sonobuoy is a tactical sonar system dropped from the aircraft or ship to acquire data required to detect, localize and destroy or attack designated hostile submarines. It is also used to determine environmental conditions to assess best search tactics, communicate with friendly submarines, and conduct underwater research. The sonobuoy consists of a radio frequency antenna at the top, a sail that remains just below the surface of the water to keep the sonobuoy stable, and a transducer and a radio transmitter at the end to record and transmits underwater sounds.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Sonobuoy Market Trends:
In recent years, sonobuoys have gained traction since they serve as a core technology with the most effective anti-submarine warfare sensor capability. Moreover, with increasing cross-border conflicts, there has been significant growth naval defense activities. This represents the primary factor that has led to an increased demand for sonobuoys. These devices are employed by the defense and military sector for marine patrolling and preventing potential attacks. Besides this, with the increasing defense expenditure, there has been a growing adoption of unmanned underwater solutions, which, in turn, is positively impacting the demand for detection equipment like sonobuoys. Moreover, the leading companies are developing sonobuoys with the latest technology to deploy them in a pattern to determine the exact location of the target. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- Based on the function, the market has been segmented into active, passive and special purposes.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been classified into Bathythermo Buoy, directional command activated, data link communications, directional frequency analysis and recording, low frequency analysis and recording and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the installation into spring, pneumatic, free-ball and cartridge.
- On the basis of the size, the market has been segregated into size A, size B, size C and others.
- The market has been bifurcated based on the range into short and long ranges.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into defense, commercial and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia and others), Europe (Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being General Dynamics Mission Systems, Radixon Group Pty Ltd (Robotron Pty Ltd.), SeaLandAire Technologies, Inc., Sparton Corporation, Tata Power Strategic Engineering Division (SED) Company Limited, Thales Group and Ultra Group.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800