According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Specialty Films Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2024-2032," the global specialty films market size reached US$ 41.3 Billion in 2023. Specialty films are extensible films used in different industries and packaging applications. These films are produced using Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH), Polyvinylidene Chloride (PVDC), polycarbonates, fluoropolymers, and polyamides. As specialty films have high strength and stiffness and operate as protective shields, they are used across a vast array of end users. These films offer superior performance compared to conventional plastic films and can be customized per the end user's specific requirements. These are categorized into different types, namely stretch film, shrink film, barrier film, conductive film, and others. These films especially find extensive applications in the packaging industry.
Global Specialty Films Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing product demand for good quality food and beverage packaging with excellent barrier properties to protect the products from oxygen, moisture, and other environmental factors. Furthermore, specialty films are utilized in various cosmetic and personal care applications due to their unique properties. This, in turn, is expected to positively influence the market. Moreover, various market vendors are entering into strategic partnerships with functional packaging companies worldwide to provide the most effective range of specialty films that will help in the market expansion. Besides, the escalating usage of barrier films in food and pharmaceutical packaging and the increasing demand for conduction and insulation films are propelling the market. Additionally, the rising need for specialty films that provide exceptional chemical resistance and mechanical strength in packaging applications is anticipated to strengthen the market. Some of the other factors driving the market growth include the growing demand for customized and high-performance films in the electrical and electronics industry, the escalating demand for packaged food products, and the expanding construction industry. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 62.9 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.7% during 2024-2032.
- On the basis of the resin, the market has been categorized into polyester, nylon, polyacrylamide, fluoropolymer, polyimide, polyolefin, and others.
- Based on the function, the market has been classified into barrier, conduction and insulation, microporous, safety and security, and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been segmented into packaging, personal care, electrical and electronics, transportation, construction, and medical.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include 3M Company, Avery Dennison Corporation, Covestro AG, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Evonik Industries AG, Honeywell International Inc., Inteplast Group Corporation, Kaneka Corporation, Mondi plc, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabian Oil Co.), Toray Industries Inc. and Ube Industries Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Resin, Function, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, Avery Dennison Corporation, Covestro AG, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Evonik Industries AG, Honeywell International Inc., Inteplast Group Corporation, Kaneka Corporation, Mondi plc, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabian Oil Co.), Toray Industries Inc. and Ube Industries Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800