According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Spirometer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global spirometer market size reached US$ 714.6 Million in 2019. A spirometer refers to medical equipment that is employed to measure the volume of air exhaled and inhaled by the lungs of an individual. It is used for testing pulmonary function and evaluating the airflow of the lungs. It can be utilized before undergoing major surgeries or for periodically monitoring the pulmonary function of the patients suffering from chronic respiratory diseases. The device also aids in checking the effects of chemicals present in the environment on lung function. The electronic sensor attached to the device evaluates and displays the patient’s outcomes in terms of volume of the inhaled and exhaled air. It accesses the presence of airway obstruction, following which treatment plans are mapped and administered by healthcare professionals. The equipment finds extensive applications across healthcare settings to diagnose numerous respiratory conditions, such as asthma, silicosis, cystic fibrosis, tuberculosis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Spirometer Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing incidences of pulmonary diseases, especially chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD) and asthma. This can be attributed to rapid industrial development and a significant increase in the number of smokers, which, in turn, is contributing to the increasing air pollution level. The market is further driven by the increasing geriatric population that is more susceptible to chronic respiratory diseases. This, along with the growing preference for home healthcare solutions and rising awareness for sophisticated diagnostic techniques, is creating a positive outlook for the market. The advent of advanced product variants that are not only compact but are also equipped with smartphone connectivity is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Other factors, such as technological advancements in health monitoring solutions and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by the manufacturers, are driving the market further. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1,165.9 Million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 8.5% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into consumables and accessories, devices, and software.
- Based on the mechanism, the market has been classified into flow-sensing spirometers, peak flow meters and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into COPD, asthma and others.
- Based on the disposable component, the market has been categorized into filters, tubes and sensors.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into hospitals, clinical laboratories, home care settings and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Benson Medical Instruments, CHEST M.I., Inc., Fukuda Sangyo Co., Ltd., Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc., Jones Medical Instrument Company, MIR S.r.l., Midmark Corporation, ndd Medizintechnik AG, SCHILLER AG, Vitalograph, Vyaire Medical, Inc., and Welch Allyn, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800