The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Sports Nutrition Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global sports nutrition market size reached US$ 47.5 Billion in 2021. Sports nutrition is the practice of consuming nutrient-rich products to support the training goals and regime of an individual. It is designed to boost the performance of athletes and increase their recovery during and after sports activities such as athletics, workout, and bodybuilding. It also includes different components such as dietitians, exercise physiologists, biochemists, and cell and molecular biologists. They develop and recommend various nutritional products like capsules, protein powder and bars, energy bars, isotonic drinks, and dietary supplements. In recent years, sports nutrition has gained traction as it aids in maintaining nutritional needs while also offering the best possible output for the athlete.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Sports Nutrition Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing awareness among individuals about the benefits of a healthy and nutritious diet. In addition, the rising consumption of nutritional beverages incorporated with essential vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates, and proteins, are facilitating the market growth. Besides this, the growing participation of sports enthusiasts in various sports activities, such as weightlifting, boxing, and outdoor sports, has increased their consciousness toward high-quality and nutritional food items. Along with this, the surging number of health clubs and fitness centers that offer dedicated sports nutrition packages are fueling the market growth. Moreover, rapid urbanization, sedentary lifestyle, and inflating disposable income levels are also escalating the demand for sports nutrition. Moreover, manufacturers are introducing nutritional supplements incorporated with natural and plant-based ingredients as well as vegan alternative variants to expand their product portfolio. Furthermore, the rising incidences of chronic disorders and the easy product availability through online retail channels are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 74.2 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into sports drinks, sports food, and sports supplements.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been classified into animal-derived, plant-based, and mixed.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, drugs and specialty stores, online, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being The Coca-Cola Company, Abbott Nutrition Inc., PepsiCo Inc., Glanbia Plc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc., Yakult Honsha Corporation Limited, Post Holdings Inc., GNC Holdings, Clif Bar & Company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Corporation Limited, Atlantic Multipower UK Limited, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Olimp Laboratories, Ultimate Nutrition Inc. and PowerBar Europe GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal