According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Sports Nutrition Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global sports nutrition market size reached US$ 15.8 Billion in 2019. Sports nutrition refers to a broad interdisciplinary field that involves dietitians, biochemists, exercise physiologists, and cell and molecular biologists. It helps in the application of nutrition knowledge to a practical eating plan, which provides fuel for physical activity, facilitates repair and rebuilding process in the body and promotes overall health and wellness. Some of the commonly available sports nutrition products are sports drinks, dietary supplements, and protein bars and powders. At present, their demand is escalating, especially among athletes, sports enthusiast and health-conscious individuals who plan to achieve different fitness goals like increasing lean mass.
Global Sports Nutrition Market Trends:
Athletes and bodybuilders have remained the major end users of the global sports nutrition market for several years. However, on account of rapid urbanization, hectic and sedentary lifestyles, and the growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases, such as obesity and diabetes, there is a shift among individuals toward an active lifestyle. Therefore, there is a rise in the demand for protein bars, energy drinks and dietary supplements across the globe. This can also be accredited to the inflating income levels, growing influence of social media and the rising number of gyms and fitness centers. Furthermore, the easy availability of nutritional supplements, owing to the burgeoning e-commerce sector, is also strengthening the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 23.5 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into sports food, drinks and supplements. Sports drinks exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been segregated into animal-derived, plant-based and mixed.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, drug and specialty stores, online, and others. Amongst these, hypermarkets and supermarkets account for the majority of the total market share.
- Region-wise, North America enjoys the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Coca-Cola Company, Abbott Nutrition Inc., PepsiCo Inc., Glanbia Plc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd., Post Holdings Inc., GNC Holdings Inc., Clif Bar & Companys, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Atlantic Multipower UK Limited, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Olimp Laboratories Sp. Z o. o., Ultimate Nutrition Inc. and PowerBar Europe GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal