According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Sports Nutrition Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global sports nutrition market size reached US$ 47.5 Billion in 2021. Sports nutrition refers to a broad interdisciplinary field that focuses on the application of a tailored nutrition plan to support an individual's training goals and regime. It involves dietitians, exercise physiologists, biochemists, and cell and molecular biologists who develop and recommend various nutritional products, such as capsule/tablets, protein powders, protein bars, energy bars, isotonic drink powder and dietary supplements, in an attempt to improve the overall health and performance of athletes and individuals with an active lifestyle. These products assist in replenishing water levels while providing their body with fuel for performing physical activities and minimizing the effects of physical fatigue and injury.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Sports Nutrition Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing health-consciousness among the masses. The rising incidences of chronic lifestyle disorders across the globe have encouraged individuals to participate in physical activities and consume a healthy and nutritious diet. This, along with the inflating disposable incomes and the rising healthcare expenditure, has provided an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, a considerable increase in the number of gyms and health and fitness centers has provided a boost to the sales of sports nutrition products across the globe. These centers also engage in the active promotion of sports nutrition products among their customers, which is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the launch of sports nutrition products with natural and plant-based ingredients. Numerous players are also introducing lactose-free and vegan alternatives in the market, which has contributed to their widespread prominence among the masses. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include an increase in the number of sports enthusiasts, easy product availability through online retail channels and the escalating adoption of social media advertising by various key players. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into sports food, drinks and supplements.
- Based on the raw material, the market has been classified into animal-derived, plant-based, and mixed.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, drug and specialty stores, online, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the market with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include The Coca-Cola Company, Abbott Nutrition Inc., PepsiCo Inc., Glanbia Plc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc., Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd., Post Holdings Inc., GNC Holdings, Clif Bar & Company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Atlantic Multipower UK Limited, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Olimp Laboratories, Ultimate Nutrition Inc., and PowerBar Europe GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal