According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Sports Nutrition Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global sports nutrition market size reached US$ 50.7 Billion in 2022. Sports nutrition refers to a specialized branch of dietary science that focuses on providing athletes and fitness enthusiasts with optimal nutrition to enhance their performance, support recovery, and promote overall health. Sports nutrition tailors nutritional plans and dietary supplements specifically to meet the unique needs of consumers engaged in physical activities, ranging from professional athletes to casual gym-goers. Sports nutrition products are designed to provide essential nutrients, such as proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals, in precise proportions to optimize energy levels, improve endurance, and aid in muscle repair and growth. These products may include protein powders, energy bars, sports drinks, amino acid supplements, and other formulations that cater to various performance goals, such as muscle building, weight management, and hydration.
Global Sports Nutrition Market Trends:
The global sports nutrition market is witnessing robust growth, primarily fueled by the increasing prevalence of health and fitness trends, growing awareness of the importance of balanced nutrition in sports performance, and a surge in the number of fitness-conscious consumers. Moreover, the rise of professional sports and the development of organized sports leagues across the world have heightened the need for advanced nutrition solutions to boost athletes' performance levels and maintain peak physical conditions, thus strengthening the market growth. In addition to this, continuous advancements in sports nutrition research and development (R&D) and the collaboration between nutritionists, dieticians, and sports scientists resulting in the launch of innovative product variants that offer improved bioavailability, better taste, and enhanced effectiveness are aiding in market expansion. Furthermore, the advent of e-commerce and digital marketing platforms that provide manufacturers with enhanced visibility and direct access to a broader consumer base are contributing to the market's growth. Apart from this, the growing emphasis on physical appearance and the desire to achieve a well-toned physique has led to an upsurge in gym memberships and fitness-related activities are favoring the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 80.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.1% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market is divided into sports drinks, sports food, and sports supplements. Currently, sports drinks represent the largest segment.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been segregated into animal derived, plant-based, and mixed. At present, animal derived accounts for the largest market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market is categorized into hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, drugs and specialty stores, online, and others. Among these, hypermarkets and supermarkets dominate the market.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Currently, North America is the biggest market for sports nutrition.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being The Coca-Cola Company, Abbott Nutrition Inc., PepsiCo Inc., Glanbia Plc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc., Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd., Post Holdings Inc., GNC Holdings, Clif Bar & Company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Atlantic Multipower UK Limited, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Olimp Laboratories, Ultimate Nutrition Inc. and PowerBar Europe GmbH.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Raw Material, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||The Coca-Cola Company, Abbott Nutrition Inc., PepsiCo Inc., Glanbia Plc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc., Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd., Post Holdings Inc., GNC Holdings, Clif Bar & Company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Atlantic Multipower UK Limited, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Olimp Laboratories, Ultimate Nutrition Inc. and PowerBar Europe GmbH
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800