According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Stem Cell Manufacturing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global stem cell manufacturing market size reached US$ 12.3 Billion in 2022. Stem cells are unique types of undifferentiated cells in the human body that can develop into various specialized cell types. They have the potential to repair and regenerate damaged tissues and organs. They are commonly sourced from blood, bone marrow, umbilical cord, embryo, and placenta. Stem cells can be broadly categorized into embryonic and adult stem cells, offering distinct advantages and applications. Stem cells play a crucial role in tissue repair, regeneration, and maintaining the body's cellular balance. Moreover, they are widely used to treat various diseases, such as severe burns, arthritis, cancer, diabetes, lymphoma, neuroblastoma, leukemia, and multiple myeloma.
Global Stem Cell Manufacturing Market Trends:
The growing prevalence of chronic diseases and degenerative disorders has fueled the demand for innovative therapies, creating a positive outlook for the market growth. Stem cell-based treatments have demonstrated promising results in conditions like cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), neurodegenerative disorders, and autoimmune disorders. Moreover, the increasing need for regenerative therapies that can restore functionality and improve the quality of life for aging individuals is providing an impetus to the market growth. In addition to this, stem cell therapies hold the potential to provide personalized and targeted treatment approaches, thus garnering interest from both patients and healthcare providers. Additionally, the rise in public and private funding for stem cell research has spurred manufacturing technologies and process optimization advancements, such as induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technology, facilitating the generation of patient-specific stem cells, reducing the risk of immune rejection, and enhancing treatment efficacy. Furthermore, the integration of advanced bioprocessing techniques and automation in stem cell manufacturing is encouraging manufacturers to actively invest in cutting-edge technologies to scale up production and improve product consistency, providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Other factors, including increasing application in tissue and organ replacement therapies, significant improvement in medical infrastructure, the implementation of various government initiatives promoting public health, are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 19.9 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.1% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into consumables (culture media and others), instruments (bioreactors and incubators, cell sorters and others), stem cell lines (hematopoietic stem cells (HSC), mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC), embryonic stem cells (ESC), neural stem cells (NSC), multipotent adult progenitor stem cells).
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into research applications (life science research, drug discovery and development), clinical application (allogenic stem cell therapy, autologous stem cell therapy) and cell and tissue banking applications.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been categorized into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, academic institutes, research laboratories and contract research organizations, hospitals and surgical centers, cell and tissue banks and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Anterogen Co. Ltd., Becton Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Bio-Techne Corporation, Corning Incorporated, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Lonza Group AG, Merck KGaA, Sartorius AG, Takara Bio Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Application, End User, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Anterogen Co. Ltd., Becton Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Bio-Techne Corporation, Corning Incorporated, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Lonza Group AG, Merck KGaA, Sartorius AG, Takara Bio Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800