The latest report by IMARC, titled “Sterile Medical Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global sterile medical packaging market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 10.40% during 2022-2027. Sterile medical packaging or aseptic packaging refers to the procedure of sterilizing and packing medical devices to preserve the content from microbial contamination. It safeguards the pharmaceutical products and equipment from physical damage and contamination as the material used is tear-resistant, breathable, and durable. Some of the commonly used packaging products include sterile lids and wraps, dust covers, guided wire hoops, thermoformed hoops and clamshells. In recent years, sterile medical packaging has gained traction due to its extensive employment in pharmacies, hospitals, medical industries, and others.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect effect of the associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the market.
Global Sterile Medical Packaging Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the increasing need for efficient packaging of medical products to maintain sterility and minimize contamination. Additionally, the rising demand for single-use medical equipment, which reduces the risk of communicable diseases among patients and healthcare professionals, is also contributing to the market growth. Besides this, on account of sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy habits, such as smoking and consuming alcohol, the number of individuals suffering from chronic illnesses is constantly rising. As a result, there has been increasing number of surgical procedures utilizing pre-packaged medical equipment, catheters, and electrosurgical accessories, which in turn is accelerating the product adoption rate. Furthermore, rapid spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has led to an increase in the utilization of sterile medical packaging materials, thereby strengthening the market growth. Apart from this, the implementation of stringent regulations by various global organizations, such as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), to ensure quality standards and product safety is catalyzing the market growth. Consequently, the development of green medical packaging materials that are sustainable, eco-friendly, cost-effective, and enhance product’s shelf life, is creating a positive market outlook.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into thermoform, trays, bottles, closures, inhalers, vials, ampules, wraps, and others.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been segmented into plastic, glass, metal, paperboard, and paper.
- Based on the sterilization method, the market has been categorized into chemical, radiation, pressure/temperature sterilization.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players being 3M Company, Amcor plc, Berry Global Inc., BillerudKorsnäs AB, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Janco Inc., Nelipak Corporation, Orchid Orthopedic Solutions LLC, Placon Corporation, Riverside Medical Packaging Company Ltd., Sonoco Products Company, SteriPack Group Ltd, Technipaq Inc. and Wihuri International Oy.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800