According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Stoma/Ostomy Care Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global stoma/ostomy care market reached a value of US$
3.2 Billion in 2021. A stoma is an ostomy opening in the abdomen of the patient to facilitate removal of the body waste. It is pink to red in color, moist, round with no nerve sensations, usually requiring special care for effective treatment. Presently, there is a wide range of stoma/ostomy care products and accessories available in the market. These products are air-and water-tight and commonly used in the treatment of chronic disorders, such as bowel, prostate or bladder cancer.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Stoma/Ostomy Care Market Trends:
The rapidly rising geriatric population represents one of the primary factors driving the market. Apart from this, the increasing prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), bladder cancer and Crohn’s disease are also contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the leading players are focusing on introducing advancements like innovative ostomy care products that assist in providing pH control to prevent skin infections and reducing odor. This, along with the introduction of efficient and suitable pouching systems and accessories that meet the requirements of ostomy patients, is strengthening the market growth. Other major factors, such as the rising number of awareness campaigns about ostomy and considerable improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, are anticipated to propel the growth of the market. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to expand at a CAGR of
4.06% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into ostomy bags and ostomy accessories. Ostomy bags are further divided on the basis of the usability (drainable and closed-end bags), type (one-piece and two-piece systems) and shape of skin barrier (flat base and convex bags).
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been bifurcated into home care settings, and hospitals and specialty clinics.
- Based on the surgery, the market has been divided into ileostomy, colostomy, and urostomy.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Co., Alcare Co. Ltd., B. Braun, BAO Health Medical Instrument Co. Ltd., Coloplast A/S, ConvaTec Group Plc, Flexicare Medical Limited, Hollister Incorporated, Marlen Manufacturing & Development Company, Nu-Hope Laboratories Inc., Schena Ostomy Technologies Inc. and Welland Medical Limited (Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare Ltd.).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal