According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Sulfur Fertilizers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global sulfur fertilizers market size reached US$ 5.6 Billion in 2022. Sulfur fertilizers are a type of agricultural additive specially designed to supplement crops with sulfur, a vital macronutrient necessary for their growth and development. Sulfur, often recognized as the fourth most crucial nutrient after nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, plays a significant role in synthesizing proteins and amino acids, improving crop yield and quality. They come in different forms, including ammonium sulfate, sulfate of potash, and elemental sulfur, each of which caters to specific crop needs and soil conditions. They are typically utilized in agricultural operations and horticulture to enrich the sulfur content in the soil, thereby facilitating optimal crop health and maximizing production yield. Additionally, the utilization of sulfur fertilizers is becoming increasingly important due to the reduction in atmospheric sulfur deposits from industrial emissions, thus making soil supplementation critical in maintaining the required sulfur levels for crop cultivation.
Global Sulfur Fertilizers Market Trends:
The growing recognition of sulfur's crucial role in agriculture is one of the key drivers bolstering the global sulfur fertilizers market. As the effects of sulfur deficiency in crops become more evident, there is a rising trend of sulfur fertilizer application in modern farming practices to counteract yield loss and improve crop quality. The demand is particularly noticeable in regions with high rainfall or intensive cropping systems where sulfur leaching is significant. In addition to this, the ongoing research and development in agricultural technologies and the increasing understanding of the symbiotic relationships between nutrients are further expanding the market. In addition, the rising global population and subsequent food demand require high agricultural productivity, thereby driving the need for effective soil supplements, such as sulfur fertilizers. Apart from this, the advent of advanced, slow-release sulfur fertilizers, which provide more efficient nutrient use and minimized environmental impact is contributing to the market. Furthermore, trends toward sustainable farming practices and organic food production are driving the development and adoption of natural, low-impact sulfur fertilizers, creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors driving the market include changing consumer preferences and growing awareness among users. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 6.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 3.3% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into sulphate, elemental sulfur, liquid sulfur, and other fertilizers.
- On the basis of the cultivation type, the market is segregated into conventional agriculture and controlled environment agriculture.
- Based on the crop type, the market has been segmented into cereals and grains, oilseeds and pulses, fruits and vegetables, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market is segregated into dry and liquid.
- Based on the mode of application, the market has been segmented into soil, foliar, and fertigation.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Achema, Coromandel International limited (Murugappa Group), ICL Group Ltd., K+S AG, Koch Industries Inc., Kugler Company, Mitsui & Co. Ltd., Nutrien Ltd., Royal Dutch Shell plc, Sulfur Mills Limited, The Mosaic Company and Yara International ASA.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Cultivation Type, Crop Type, Form, Mode of Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Achema, Coromandel International limited (Murugappa Group), ICL Group Ltd., K+S AG, Koch Industries Inc., Kugler Company, Mitsui & Co. Ltd., Nutrien Ltd., Royal Dutch Shell plc, Sulfur Mills Limited, The Mosaic Company and Yara International ASA
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800