According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Super Absorbent Polymers (SAP) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global super absorbent polymers (SAP) market size reached US$ 9.6 Billion in 2022. Super absorbent polymers (SAP) are a type of polymer materials that have the ability to absorb and retain large amounts of liquids. They are gel-like substances, generally produced from acrylic acid cross-linked polymer networks that comprise water-soluble building blocks, that absorb and hold liquid more than their weight. Additionally, they are sugar-like hygroscopic substances that absorb water to create transparent gel-based particles that are capable of retaining moisture under pressure without conflagrating or rupturing. They are manufactured to absorb different levels of liquid depending on the application and are commonly used in the production of diapers and sanitary napkins, as well as in agricultural products and medical applications.
Global Super Absorbent Polymers (SAP) Market Trends:
The escalating demand for premium quality diapers among the masses majorly drives the global market. This can be supported by the growing concerns among parents about the health and hygiene of their babies, along with the accelerating prevalence of skin conditions, such as discomfort, rashes, and skin allergies among newborn babies. Coupled with this, the widespread adoption of SAPs in feminine hygiene products for protecting against skin irritation, providing improved quality of life while keeping the skin dry, and preventing the risks of infections is significantly supporting the market. In line with this, the accelerating utilization of SAP in wastewater management to capture, treat and recycle wastewater as it absorbs and retains large amounts of water and helps in managing water supplies in a cost-effective and sustainable manner is also providing a thrust to the market. Furthermore, the growing shift toward the adoption of sustainable materials and practices in the construction industry is creating a positive market outlook. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 17.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.4% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into sodium polyacrylate, polyacrylate/polyacrylamide copolymer, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into personal hygiene, agriculture, medical, industrial, and others.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into suspension, solution and gel polymerizations.
- Based on the region, the market has been bifurcated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include BASF, Evonik Industries, Formosa Plastics Group, Kao Corporation, LG Chem Ltd., Nippon Shokubai, Satellite Science and Technology Co. Ltd., SDP Global Co. Ltd., Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Company Ltd. and Yixing Danson Technology Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Application, Production Method, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BASF, Evonik Industries, Formosa Plastics Group, Kao Corporation, LG Chem Ltd., Nippon Shokubai, Satellite Science and Technology Co. Ltd., SDP Global Co. Ltd., Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Company Ltd. and Yixing Danson Technology Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800