According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Superdisintegrants Market: Global Industry, Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global superdisintegrants market reached a value of US$ 388.8 Million in 2022. Superdisintegrants are modified disintegrants added to the drug formulation to improve the efficacy of dosages. This is achieved by reducing the disintegrating time of tablet or capsule content into smaller particles, which, in turn, enhances the drug dissolution rate. Superdisintegrants are commonly available in natural and synthetic variants. They consist of fragments of disintegrated parts of tablet components such as insoluble coating of the tablets or capsule shells or any melted fatty substance. Superdisintegrants exhibit various properties, including good molding, hydration capacity, and flow characteristics, which aids in increasing the absorption of the drug and the solubility of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) in the body.
Global Superdisintegrants Market Trends:
The rising geriatric population and the increasing instances of chronic diseases across the globe are creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the growing popularity of orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs) in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industry to treat patients with dysphagia and various other conditions is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, continuous product innovations, such as the introduction of superdisintegrants with higher compatibility, improved bioavailability, and efficient compressibility, are augmenting the market growth. Additionally, the widespread product adoption to manufacture antipsychotics, antidepressants, antimigraine, and sedatives is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing acceptability of generic drugs, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the implementation of various government initiatives promoting the use of safer alternatives in the pharmaceutical industry, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 590.1 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.4% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, sodium starch glycolate, ion exchange resin, modified cellulose, and others.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into natural superdisintegrant, synthetic superdisintegrant, and others.
- Based on the dosage form, the market has been bifurcated into tablets and capsules, and mouth-dissolving films.
- On the basis of the therapeutic areas, the market has been divided into gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, neurology, oncology, hematology, and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report. Some of the key players include Asahi Kasei Corporation, Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Inc., Avantor Inc., BASF SE, Corel Pharma Chem, DFE Pharma GmbH & Co. KG, DuPont de Nemours Inc., JRS Pharma GmbH & Co. KG, Merck KGaA, Nippon Soda Co. Ltd., Roquette Frères and Sigachi Industries Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Type, Dosage Form, Therapeutic Areas, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Asahi Kasei Corporation, Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Inc., Avantor Inc., BASF SE, Corel Pharma Chem, DFE Pharma GmbH & Co. KG, DuPont de Nemours Inc., JRS Pharma GmbH & Co. KG, Merck KGaA, Nippon Soda Co. Ltd., Roquette Frères and Sigachi Industries Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800