According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Surface Disinfectant Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global surface disinfectant market reached a value of US$ 5.1 Billion in 2021. Surface disinfectants refer to antimicrobials that are widely utilized to sanitize and kill harmful germs, bacteria and other microorganisms. They are increasingly used to treat surfaces of medical equipment, walls, floors, and tabletops. They are effective in minimizing the risks of spreading bacteria while maintaining proper hygiene across the residential, industrial and commercial segments. Apart from this, these disinfectants are especially employed to offer protection against pathogens across healthcare facilities.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Surface Disinfectant Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the rising prevalence of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). There has been a considerable rise in the uptake of surface disinfectants due to the implementation of strict guidelines for hygiene and sanitation across the healthcare segment. Moreover, the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) across the globe has led to an increase in the usage of surface disinfectants for sterilizing medical equipment and facilities. The market is further driven by the growing product applications in non-healthcare settings, including homes, schools, workspaces and public places, in an attempt to prevent the spread of the pandemic. Apart from this, an enhanced focus on sustainable development and the introduction of environment-friendly product variants that are cost-effective and non-toxic are also creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the rising awareness regarding the importance of sanitizing surfaces and extensive research and development (R&D) activities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into liquids, wipes, sprays and others.
- Based on the composition, the market has been classified into alcohols, chlorine compounds, hydrogen peroxide, quaternary ammonium compounds, peracetic acid and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into in-house surfaces, instrument disinfection and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals, laboratories, households and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include 3M Company, BASF SE, Betco, CarrollCLEAN, Ecolab Inc., Evonik Industries AG (RAG-Stiftung), Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Johnson & Johnson Private Limited, Medline Industries Inc., Metrex Research LLC, Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, STERIS plc, The Clorox Company and The Procter & Gamble Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800