According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Surface Vision and Inspection Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global surface vision and inspection market reached a value of US$ 3.2 Billion in 2021. Surface vision and inspection refers to systems used for examining topographical details, and monitoring and locating defects, including holes, cracks, dents, and inclusions that occur during manufacturing processes. They involve the use of various advanced equipment, such as specialized cameras, angled lighting, smart cameras, and light systems to accurately detect surface flaws. They are widely used in coated surfaces, web products, medical devices, and complex materials, such as display glass of smartphones, televisions, and tablets. Surface vision and inspection assists in identifying problems, and improving precision, efficiency, consistency, productivity, and quality of the product, thereby aiding in enhancing the overall brand identity. As a result, they find extensive applications across automotive, pharmaceutical, electronics, and food and beverage (F&B) industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Surface Vision and Inspection Market Trends:
The significant growth in the F&B industry across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Surface vision and inspection are widely used to inspect the quality of a wide range of packaged and baked food products. In line with this, the increasing awareness among individuals regarding the quality assurance of food items has prompted manufacturers to incorporate advanced control systems, such as surface vision and inspection, to maintain international quality standards. Apart from this, the rising demand for computer-based surface inspection systems that offers higher flexibility and accuracy in performing repetitive and monotonous tasks at a faster rate is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the widespread adoption of smart cameras, advanced software, and powerful image processors to reduce inventory costs, increase production, limit wastes, minimize operational expenditure, and enhance profitability and customer satisfaction is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the extensive product utilization in the healthcare industry to examine and monitor various medical equipment, such as ultrasound machines, stethoscopes, computerized tomography (CT) scanners and heart monitors, is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including increasing product demand in the manufacturing of semiconductors to maintain consistency in design and development, along with the implementation of various government initiatives to ensure aircraft structural integrity across the aviation sector, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach US$ 5.8 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 10.26% during 2020-2027.
- On the basis of the component type, the market has been classified into camera, optics, lighting equipment, frame grabber, software, and others.
- Based on the deployment, the market has been bifurcated into traditional surface inspection systems and robotic cells.
- On the basis of the system type, the market has been classified into computer-and camera-based.
- Based on the surface, the market has been bifurcated into two dimensional (2D) and three dimensional (3D).
- On the basis of the vertical, the market has been segregated into automotive, semiconductor, electronics and electricals, pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, postal and logistics, and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Ametek Inc., Cognex Corporation, Datalogic S.p.A., Industrial Vision Systems Ltd, Keyence Corporation, Matrox Electronic Systems, Omron Corporation, Qualitas Technologies Pvt Ltd, QVision Systems LLP, Shelton Machines Limited, Teledyne Technologies Incorporated and Vitronic.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal