The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Surfboard Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global surfboard market size reached US$ 2.7 Million in 2021. A surfboard refers to a narrow and elongated plank used by surfers for riding ocean waves. It is produced using various materials, such as polyurethane, polyester, fiberglass, and Styrofoam. A surfboard is available in a variety of shapes and sizes, depending on the experience of the riders and the kind of waves they intend to surf. As a result, there has been an escalating demand for surfboards for recreational and competitive sports.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Surfboard Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the emerging trend of surf tourism across the globe. In addition, the introduction of advanced product variants represents another major growth-inducing factor. Nowadays, electric surfboards are gaining popularity over conventional surfboards as they provide superior torque and high-water propulsion and allow individuals to surf without waves. Besides this, various key players are introducing sustainable surfboards made using eco-friendly materials while reducing carbon footprint during manufacturing. They are also adopting advanced technologies, such as computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, to help individuals modify surfboards according to their specifications. This, coupled with the growing popularity of adaptive surfing among disabled people, is positively influencing the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3.6 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.11% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into shortboards, longboards, fish boards, gun boards, and others.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been segregated into polyurethane, balsa wood, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into online and offline channels.
- The market has been classified based on the application into recreational and professional.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Agit Global Inc., Beachbeat Surfboards, Brusurf LLC, Channel Islands Surfboards Inc. (The Burton Corporation), Global Surf Industries, Hobie Cat Company Inc., Haydenshapes Surfboards, Infinity Surfboards Incorporated, Keeper Sports Products LLC, Rusty Surfboards Inc. (Vegas Enterprises Pty Ltd.), Superbrand Surfboards and Xanadu Surfdesigns.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800