IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Surgical Drainage Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global surgical drainage devices market size reached US$ 1.7 Billion in 2021. Surgical drainage devices refer to tubes used to remove the contents of numerous organs, secretions from body cavities, serum, lymph, blood, and other tissue fluids collected in surgical wound beds after operations. They are generally made using latex, silicone, polyethylene, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). They prevent the risk of infection and reduce pressure on the wound or surgical site and adjacent organs, nerves, and blood vessels, which helps reduce discomfort, enhances wound perfusion and accelerates wound healing. As a result, surgical drainage devices find extensive applications in urinary catheters, nasogastric tubes, chest drainage, and infected cysts.
Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market Trends:
A rapid increase in the number of surgical procedures related to the chest, breast, abdominal, lymph nodes, and thyroid represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the escalating demand for plastic surgery due to the rising willingness of individuals to undergo reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries is positively influencing market growth. Besides this, the increasing focus on enhancing functionality and reducing issues associated with surgical drainage devices is another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, surgical drainage devices monitor potential complications and help relieve the pressure that could limit perfusion or cause pain to reduce morbidity. In line with this, the increasing need for orthopedic surgeries that result in blood loss and neurosurgery with a high risk of raised intracranial pressure has catalyzed the market growth. Apart from this, the rising instances of cancer-related surgeries on account of excessive smoking and alcohol consumption have augmented the product demand. Furthermore, there has been a rise in the adoption of surgical drainage devices in veterinary practice for traumatic or surgical wound management. In addition, the surging adoption of pets and companion animals is contributing to market growth. Other factors, including the rapid growth in the poultry and agriculture industries, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, and expanding geriatric population, are also anticipated to create a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 2.2 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.37% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into active and passive.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into cardiothoracic surgeries, neurosurgery procedures, abdominal surgery, orthopedics, and others.
- The market has been segmented based on the end use into hospitals, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Acelity Inc. (3M Company), B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton Dickinson and Company, Cardinal Health Inc., Cook Group Incorporated, Johnson & Johnson, Medela AG, Medtronic plc, Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, and Teleflex Incorporated.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800