The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Surgical Equipment Market: Surgical Equipment Market Report by Product (Surgical Sutures and Staplers, Handheld Surgical Equipment (Forceps and Spatulas, Retractors, Dilators, Graspers, Auxiliary Instruments, Cutter Instruments), Electrosurgical Devices, and Others), Category (Reusable Surgical Equipment, Disposable Surgical Equipment), Application (Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Wound Closure, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Others) End Users (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others) and Region 2023-2028,” finds that the global surgical equipment market size reached US$ 17.4 Billion in 2022. Surgical equipment refers to several instruments and devices healthcare professionals use during surgical procedures. It is developed and manufactured to ensure precision, safety, and efficiency in the operating room and various medical disciplines, including general surgery, orthopedics, and neurosurgery. Some commonly known examples of surgical equipment include scalpels, forceps, scissors, and needle holders, essential for making incisions, grasping tissues, and suturing wounds. Additionally, specialized instruments, including electrocautery devices, surgical lasers, and endoscopes, enable surgeons to perform intricate procedures with minimal invasiveness. Nowadays, technological advancements are transforming surgical equipment and robotics, and minimally invasive surgical tools are gaining immense traction, allowing smaller incisions, reduced scarring, and quicker patient recovery times across the globe.
Global Surgical Equipment Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the continuous advancement in technology. In addition, several innovations, such as robotic-assisted surgery, minimally invasive techniques, and high-definition imaging, improve surgical outcomes and reduce patient recovery times, influencing market growth. Also, surgeons rely on advanced equipment to perform complex procedures with greater precision, thus augmenting the market growth. Moreover, the rising inclination toward minimally invasive surgeries among patients for smaller incisions, reduced pain, and shorter hospital stays represents another major growth-inducing factor. Along with this, the escalating demand for specialized minimally invasive surgical equipment, such as laparoscopic instruments and robotic systems, is propelling the market growth. Besides this, the growing prevalence of chronic diseases, including cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and cancer, requires surgical interventions for diagnosis, treatment, or management, accelerating the adoption of surgical equipment. Furthermore, governments and private healthcare organizations are allocating substantial resources to enhance healthcare infrastructure and services, including investments in modern surgical equipment to meet the growing demand for surgeries, creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 25.64 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.58% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product, the market has been categorized into surgical sutures and staplers, handheld surgical equipment (forceps and spatulas, retractors, dilators, graspers, auxiliary instruments, cutter instruments), electrosurgical devices, and others. Among these, surgical sutures and staplers hold the majority of the market share.
- On the basis of the category, the market has been divided into reusable and disposable surgical equipment. Presently, reusable surgical equipment accounts for the largest market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into neurosurgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, wound closure, obstetrics and gynecology, cardiovascular, orthopedic, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. Currently, hospitals exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Alcon, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton Dickinson and Company, Boston Scientific Corporation, CONMED Corporation, Integra LifeSciences, Intuitive Surgical Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic plc, Olympus Corporation, Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, and Zimmer Biomet.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
- Surgical Sutures and Staplers
- Handheld Surgical Equipment: Forceps and Spatulas, Retractors, Dilators, Graspers, Auxiliary Instruments, Cutter Instruments
- Electrosurgical Devices
||Reusable Surgical Equipment, Disposable Surgical Equipment
||Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Wound Closure, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Alcon, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton Dickinson and Company, Boston Scientific Corporation, CONMED Corporation, Integra LifeSciences, Intuitive Surgical Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic plc, Olympus Corporation, Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800