As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Surgical Imaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global surgical imaging market size reached US$ 5.68 Billion in 2021. Surgical imaging is utilized to see internal images of the body, including bones and organs, prior to and during surgical procedures. It includes numerous medical modalities, such as fluoroscopy, ultrasound, X-rays, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), magnetic resonance (MR) guided radiation therapy, and radionuclide techniques. Over the years, surgical imaging has gained prominence among surgeons as it enables them to perform intricate surgical procedures accurately with improved ergonomics, increased efficiency, and enhanced safety.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Surgical Imaging Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by various technological advancements in the healthcare sector. Nowadays, hospitals and medical institutions are adopting new methodologies in surgical imaging systems for better patient care and disease diagnosis. In addition, the rising number of patients with chronic disorders represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the market is further propelled by the growing prevalence of cardiovascular and neurological disorders among the geriatric population. Moreover, as adventure sports involve a higher risk of injury, the increasing number of people participating in professional sports are escalating the demand for mini c-arms and other diagnostic imaging modalities in clinics and hospitals. This, coupled with the introduction of advanced imaging technologies, such as radiography, nuclear medicine, and visible light to provide patient safety, minimize radiation exposure, and improve surgical outcomes, is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, other factors such as significant improvements in healthcare infrastructure and growing medical tourism in emerging countries are anticipated to propel the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 8.43 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6.30% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on technology type, the market has been bifurcated into image intensifiers and flat-panel detectors (FPD).
- On the basis of the modality type, the market has been classified into mobile C-arms, mini C-arms, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into neurosurgery, orthopedic and trauma surgery, cardiovascular, general surgery, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into hospitals and surgery centers and clinics.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Canon Medical Systems Corporation, General Electric Company, Geonoray Co. Ltd., Hologic Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Medtronic Plc, Primax International Srl, Prognosys Medical Systems Private Limited, Shimadzu Corporation, Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, Trivitron Healthcare Pvt. Ltd, Whale Imaging Inc. and Ziehm Imaging GmbH (Aton GmbH).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.