According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Surgical Sutures Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global surgical sutures market reached a value of US$ 4.54 Billion in 2021. Surgical sutures refer to medical devices used by doctors and healthcare professionals to close wounds or other tissues after an injury or surgery. These are threads or strands manufactured using natural fibers like silk and synthetic materials, such as polyester, polydioxanone (PDS) and polyglactin. They are usually applied using a needle with an attached thread and secured with a surgical knot. Depending on the requirements, they are widely available in absorbable and non-absorbable variants. Since they have excellent tensile strength, sterility and flexibility, surgical sutures find extensive applications in the healthcare sector.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Surgical Sutures Market Trends:
The rising number of individuals undergoing surgical procedures due to improved efficiency and safety represents the primary factor driving the market growth. In addition, the growing geriatric population and the widespread prevalence of chronic ailments, such as cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), arthritis, cancer and obesity, are other major growth-inducing factors. Besides this, a significant rise in fatal road accidents and high hospital admission rates are also escalating the demand for surgical sutures. Furthermore, various key players are launching advanced products like surgical sutures that facilitate scar-free wound healing while minimizing wound tension, ischemia and tissue injury. This, in confluence with the increasing usage of these sutures in aesthetic plastic surgery procedures, including Brachioplasty, Platysmaplasty, Mastopexy, and brow, midface, and lateral neck suspension, is catalyzing the market growth. Moreover, several technological advancements and rising healthcare expenditure by the governments of various nations are some of the other factors creating a positive market outlook. On account of these factors, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 6.05% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into absorbable and non-absorbable sutures.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been classified as monofilament and multifilament.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into cardiovascular, general, gynecological, orthopedic, ophthalmic, and other surgeries.
- The market has been segregated based on the end user into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Boston Scientific Corporation, CONMED Corporation, DemeTECH Corporation, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Medtronic plc, Mellon Medical B.V., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, Teleflex Incorporated, and Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800