According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "T-cell Therapy Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global T-cell therapy market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. T-cell refers to a form of immunotherapy that involves the use of the patient’s own immune cells to treat cancer. This transfer therapy improves the functioning of the T-cells that are further employed to fight against cancer cells present in the patient’s body. This approach consists of the collection of immune cells that undergo re-engineering within a laboratory and are then injected back into the body of the individual. These re-engineered cells can recognize and kill cancer cells as they are equipped with targeted antigens on their surface. This method is widely gaining prominence among patients and healthcare professionals as it assists in targeting cancer cells in a precise manner.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global T-cell Therapy Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing incidences of cancer on the global level. This can be accredited to the rising consumption of tobacco products, sedentary lifestyles led by the masses and their shifting dietary preferences toward unhealthy foods. Additionally, the growing geriatric population and a considerable rise in the prevalence of bone marrow and blood-forming tissue diseases are providing an impetus to the demand for T-cell therapy. The market is further driven by the growing awareness regarding the availability of innovative cancer treatments, such as T-cell therapy, among the masses. Moreover, the increasing number of T-cell therapies that are undergoing clinical studies is also creating a positive outlook for the market. For instance, the development of an off-the-shelf transfer therapy approach, which involves collecting immune cells from healthy donors to make them available for immediate use, is in the pipeline. The approval of such innovative therapies by the concerned regulatory bodies is expected to act as a major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) has approved the use of T-cell therapies for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and advanced lymphomas among children and adults simultaneously. This, along with the extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by the key players, is expected to provide a thrust to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 15% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the modality, the market has been bifurcated into research and commercialized.
- Based on the therapy type, the market has been classified into car t-cell based, t-cell receptor (TCR) based, and tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) based.
- On the basis of the indication, the market has been divided into hematologic malignancies (lymphoma, leukemia and myeloma), solid tumors (melanoma, brain and central nervous system, liver cancer, and others) and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Amgen Inc., Aurora Biopharma Inc., bluebird bio Inc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Fate Therapeutics, Gilead Sciences Inc., Merck KGaA, Mustang Bio Inc. (Fortress Biotech Inc.), Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sorrento Therapeutics Inc., and TCR2 Therapeutics.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal