The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Tangential Flow Filtration Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global tangential flow filtration market size reached US$ 1.02 Billion in 2021. Tangential flow filtration (TFF), also known as cross-flow filtration, is a rapid and efficient method of separating and purifying biomolecules such as antibodies, nucleic acids, and recombinant proteins. It increases the concentration of a solution by removing fluids and preserving the solute molecules. It is also used to remove polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) remains and fractionate dilute protein mixtures from sample solutions, ranging from 10 milliliters to thousands of liters. As TFF is economical and easy to use, it finds extensive applications in immunology, biochemistry, protein chemistry, molecular biology, and microbiology.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Tangential Flow Filtration Market Trends:
In recent years, there has been an escalating demand for biopharmaceuticals as they have fewer side effects and can be altered according to the specific medical requirements of the patients. This represents one of the major growth-inducing factors. Besides this, the increasing government investments in developing healthcare infrastructure are also contributing to the market growth. In addition, professionals are widely adopting automated single-use TFF systems as they are cost-effective, increase flexibility and reduce process time, cross-contamination, and cleaning requirements. This, coupled with extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by pharmaceutical companies to introduce advanced techniques and personalized treatments, are creating a favorable market outlook across the globe. Moreover, the recent outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has increased the demand for TFF devices to collect environmental samples and fractionate virus particles. On account of these factors, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1.57 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.18% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been classified into single-use tangential flow filtration systems, reusable tangential flow filtration systems, membrane filters, and filtration accessories.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been segmented into microfiltration, ultrafiltration, reverse osmosis, and nanofiltration.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into bioprocess applications (upstream and downstream processing), viral vector and vaccine purification, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies, academic and research institutes, and contract research organizations.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report, with some of the key players being Alfa Laval AB, Andritz AG, Cole-Parmer Instrument Company LLC, Danaher Corporation, General Electric Company, Koch Separation Solutions (Koch Industries Inc.), Merck KGaA, Novasep, Parker-Hannifin Corporation, Repligen Corporation, Sartorius AG, Solaris Biotechnology Srl and Synder Filtration Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800