According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Tea Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global tea market reached a volume of 6.4 Million Tons in 2019. Tea is an aromatic beverage prepared by pouring hot or boiling water over cured leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. It has various bioactive compounds, such as caffeine, proteins, xanthines, flavonoids and amino acids. It also has potent antioxidants and minerals, such as calcium, potassium, manganese, and magnesium. The regular consumption of tea assists in reducing cell damage caused by free radicals. It also helps in digestion, lowering cholesterol levels, facilitating weight loss, improving the immune system and minimizing the risk of heart attacks. On account of these benefits, it represents one of the most preferred beverages across the globe.
Note: We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Tea Market Trends:
The market is experiencing growth due to inflating income levels, altering tastes and preferences of consumers and the escalating demand for premium and healthy beverages, such as tea. Apart from this, as consumers are becoming aware of the disadvantages of consuming carbonated drinks, they are incorporating green tea into their daily lifestyles. Furthermore, key manufacturers are introducing product variants with value-added ingredients to target new consumers. They are also launching new flavors of tea, such as mint, lemon, orange, cranberry and pomegranate, to widen their consumer base. However, tea producers around the world have been greatly affected by the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The imposition of lockdowns in numerous countries and export and import restrictions are creating uncertainty in the tea market. The market is anticipated to experience growth once normalcy is regained. Looking forward, the market is projected to experience moderate growth during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into green, black, oolong, and other tea variants.
- On the basis of the packaging, the market has been segregated into plastic containers, loose tea, paper boards, aluminum tins, tea bags and others.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into supermarkets/hypermarkets, specialty stores, convenience stores, online and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into the residential and commercial sectors.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into China, India, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Vietnam and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Tata Consumer Products Limited, Unilever Plc/NV, Associated British Foods Plc, Taetea Group and Barry's Tea.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal