According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Telecom Power System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global telecom power systems market reached a value of US$ 3.4 Billion in 2018. Telecom power systems provide a stable electricity supply to telecom towers in case of fluctuations or interruptions in grid power. The major components of these systems include batteries, rectifiers or inverters, and power system controllers. Although most telecom systems are powered by grids, they can be integrated with renewable energy sources to reduce the operating costs. Telecom power systems form an essential part of communication networks as they help in maintaining various services such as fixed-lines and high-speed internet data.
A rise in the demand for telecom services, particularly in emerging regions such as Asia, the Middle East and Africa, has resulted in the expansion of the global telecom power systems market. Moreover, the growing number of smartphone users has created a demand for advanced network services, such as 4G and VoLTE. Apart from this, manufacturers are introducing power systems with improved flexibility, smarter energy control, enhanced monitoring capabilities, and high energy efficiency and power density. They are also developing power systems which can operate with the help of renewable energy sources such as solar and wind. These power systems are particularly useful in remote locations or areas with an inefficient power supply. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 5.8 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 9.4% during 2019-2024.
- Based on components, the market has been segmented into rectifiers, converters, controllers, heat management systems, generators and others. Currently, rectifiers enjoy the leading position in the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of product types, the telecom power systems market has been bifurcated into DC- and AC-based power systems. Amongst these, DC-based power systems are the most popular type, accounting for the majority of the total market share.
- The market has been segregated on the basis of power sources into diesel-battery, diesel-solar, diesel-wind and multiple sources. Currently, the diesel-battery segment accounts for the biggest market share.
- Based on grid types, bad grid dominates the telecom power systems market. The demand for telecom power systems is increasing in bad grid areas to meet the growing requirement of mobile subscribers. Other grid types include off-grid and on-grid.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific exhibits a clear dominance in the market, accounting for the majority of the total share. Other regions include North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the telecom power systems market has also been examined with some of the key players being Delta Electronics, Eaton, ABB Group, Huawei Technologies Co., Schneider Electric, Vertiv Co., Cummins Power, Myers Power Products, Inc., Ascot Industrial and Unipower.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal