According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Telecom Power Systems Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global telecom power systems market size reached US$ 3.7 Billion by 2019. Telecom power systems are employed to assist telecommunication services and provide a stable electricity supply during grid power fluctuations and interruptions. These systems control and monitor the flow of power over telecom networks while forming an essential component of communication networks. They are designed to maintain numerous services, including data centers, high-speed internet data, wireless broadband connection and fixed-line applications. These systems comprise several components, such as batteries, rectifiers or inverters and power system controllers, that are pertinent to the functioning of the same. These systems can also be integrated with renewable energy sources to offer energy-efficient services at reduced operating prices.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Telecom Power Systems Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by significant developments in telecom infrastructure across the globe, especially in developing economies. These systems are widely used for maintaining and controlling telecom services in rural and remote areas since they not only provide reliable services amidst frequent power shortages but are also relatively affordable when compared with grid electricity. The market is further driven by the increasing demand for advanced network services, such as 4G and VoLTE. This is further supported by the inflating disposable income levels and the growing penetration of smartphones across the globe. Moreover, several manufacturers are continually investing in research and development (R&D) activities to launch telecom power systems with advanced features, such as improved flexibility, enhanced monitoring capabilities, smarter energy control, and higher energy efficiency and power density. They are also integrating these systems with information technology (IT), which is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. The advent of hybrid power systems that operate with renewable sources of energy, such as solar and wind, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global telecom power systems market to exhibit strong growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into DC- and AC-based power systems, wherein DC-based power systems represent the most popular type.
- Based on the component, the market has been divided into rectifiers, converters, controllers, heat management systems, generators and others.
- On the basis of the power source, the market has been classified into diesel-battery, diesel-solar, diesel-wind and multiple sources.
- Based on the grid type, the market has been segmented into bad grid, off grid and on grid.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Delta Electronics, Eaton Corporation plc, ABB Group, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, Schneider Electric SE, Vertiv Group Corporation, Cummins Inc., Myers Power Products, Ascot Industrial S.r.l., and UNIPOWER LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal