According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Telehealth Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global telehealth market reached a value of US$ 15.5 Billion in 2022. Telehealth refers to the delivery of several clinical and non-clinical healthcare services through electronic information and telecommunication technologies. It utilizes various technologies, which include streaming media, videoconferencing, store-and-forward imaging, mobile health (mHealth) applications, and wireless and terrestrial communications. Telehealth is used for educating medical personnel, remotely monitoring the health and digitally transferring the data of a patient through computers and mobile devices. It also aids healthcare providers in improving communication and coordination with the patient and providing consultation with on-the-go diagnosis.
Global Telehealth Market Trends:
The outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is one of the primary factors influencing the global telehealth market growth. In order to avoid contact and thus combat the spread of the virus, a majority of the healthcare operations have been transferred online, including consultation, telemedicine and telehealth. This, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market significantly. The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and the rising geriatric population, which is susceptible to such ailments, are acting as other major growth-inducing factor. The market is further driven by various technological advancements, such as health tracking mobile apps, which enable individuals to monitor and follow a healthy regime. In line with this, the widespread adoption of wearable devices that aid in keeping a regular check on blood pressure, blood glucose levels, sleep patterns and chronic pain in the body is also contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including rising health awareness and extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the fields of medical sciences and telecommunication technologies, are expected to drive the market growth further. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 49.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 21.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the component, the market has been segregated into software, hardware, and services.
- On the basis of the communication technology, the market has been divided into video conferencing, mHealth solutions, and others.
- Based on the hosting type, the market has been bifurcated into cloud-based and web-based, and on-premises segments.
- Based on the end-user, the market is segmented into providers, payers, patients, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into teleconsultation and telementoring, telecardiology, teleradiology, medical education and training, tele-ICU, tele-psychiatry, tele-dermatology, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been spread across North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being American Well Corporation, Biotelemetry Inc., Cerner Corporation, Cisco Systems Inc., Aerotel Medical Systems, Allscripts Healthcare LLC, AMD Global Telemedicine Inc., Medtronic Inc., Philips Healthcare, Teladoc Health Inc., GE Healthcare Inc. (General Electric), and Honeywell Life Care Solutions.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Component, Communication Technology, Hosting Type, Application, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aerotel Medical Systems, Allscripts Healthcare LLC, AMD Global Telemedicine Inc., American Well Corporation, Biotelemetry Inc., Cerner Corporation, Cisco Systems Inc., GE Healthcare Inc. (General Electric), Honeywell Life Care Solutions, Medtronic Inc., Philips Healthcare and Teladoc Health Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800