According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Telepresence Robots Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global telepresence robots market is currently witnessing robust growth. A telepresence robot refers to a tablet, computer or smartphone-controlled robot that is utilized to facilitate the virtual presence of humans whenever necessary. These robots involve the use of display screens, speakers, cameras, microphones, arm units and wheel-mounted stands. These components, along with the additional assistance of high-speed internet connectivity, aid in providing a smooth communication between individuals at the remote location and the robot operator. Broadly classified as autonomous mobile and motorized desktop robots, they offer enhanced convenience to all the parties involved in the communication process, which has contributed to their widespread adoption for various end use applications across the education, corporate and healthcare sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Telepresence Robots Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing utilization of telepresence robots across the corporate sector. With the increasing digitization in the sector, numerous companies are investing in these robots to virtually access various business operations. Managers are now using these robots to monitor their teams and conduct meetings and conferences without their presence on the company premises. The increasing deployment of telepresence robots is also being catalyzed by the rising trend of remote working, especially amid the rapid outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The market is further driven by their increasing applications in the healthcare sector. Healthcare professionals are widely using these robots to provide a virtual presence to their patients from remote locations. These devices are consequently deployed for remote patient monitoring and facilitating virtual appointments with professionals, along with performing several additional tasks that require assistance. Moreover, these robots are being extensively adopted by various educational institutes to manage distance education programs in an efficient manner, which, in turn, is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the continuous advancements in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies is creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include constant developments in high-speed network infrastructures, increasing penetration of smartphones and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by players. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to witness strong growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the component type, the market has been divided into camera, display, speaker and microphone, power source, sensors and control system, and others.
- Based on the robot type, the market has been bifurcated into stationary and mobile.
- On the basis of the end use sector, the market has been classified into education, healthcare, corporate, homecare and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Amy Robotics, Anybots, Double Robotics, Endurance Robot, InTouch Health, iRobot, Mantaro Networks, Qihan Technology, Suitable Technologies, Vecna Technologies, VGo Communications, and Xandex.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal