According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Terrestrial Laser Scanning Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global terrestrial laser scanners market size reached US$ 3.51 Billion in 2020. Terrestrial laser scanners are ground-based laser scanning systems that are used for the data acquisition of a particular object. These measuring equipment collect dense point clouds of objects for numerous purposes, including distance measurement, heritage monitoring and deformation measurement. Also known as terrestrial LiDAR (light detection and ranging), they use a laser to emit electromagnetic radiation from a transmitter to capture reflected light from a combined and monochrome receiver. This enables the devices to receive accurate, dense 3D data on the surface of an object. Consequently, these scanners are utilized in surveys to collect complex geometric data from soils, buildings, and other terrestrial objects.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Terrestrial Laser Scanning Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising demand for efficient real-time data collection equipment across numerous industries, including construction, oil and gas, and manufacturing. Since terrestrial laser scanning systems provide improved accuracy and faster data capture when compared with traditional measurement methods, this has provided an impetus to the market growth. The market is further driven by the increasing preference for 3D terrestrial laser scanners among the end users. Since these all-in-one devices are equipped with an in-build scanner with a display, control buttons and a high-resolution camera that can capture dark and oblique surfaces with proficient accuracy range, they are gaining widespread prominence across the globe. The escalating demand for these 3D scanners from the construction sector for reducing the total time taken for the completion of a given project is also creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 4.27 Billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 4% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the solution, the market has been bifurcated into scanning systems and services.
- Based on the technology, the market has been divided into phase-shift, pulse-based and optical triangulation.
- On the basis of the laser type, the market has been classified into diode, fiber and solid-state.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into building information modelling, topographical survey, forestry and agricultural survey, mining survey, construction survey, research and engineering, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include 3D Systems Inc., Carl Zeiss Optotechnik GmbH, Creaform Inc. (AMETEK), FARO Technologies Inc., Fugro N.V, Hexagon AB, Leica Geosystems, Maptek, RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH, Teledyne Technologies Inc., Topcon Corporation, Trimble Inc. and Zoller + Fröhlich GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800