According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Textile Coating Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global textile coating market experienced stable growth during 2014-2019. Textile coating is the process of depositing a resin over a textile substrate. This process is utilized to provide material layers which adhere to the textile structures and to enhance the overall properties of the textile. Its formulation can consist of a wide range of chemicals, which largely depends upon the nature of the polymer, the additives for the specific end use, as well as the type of coating machinery used for its application. These coatings impart numerous properties to the textile, which may include resistance to fire, water, ultraviolet rays, soil, stains and static friction. Additionally, this process improves the durability and functionality of the fabric while offering enhanced breathability. Consequently, coated fabrics are widely used in the production of gloves, conveyor and transmission belts, barrier materials, medical implants, hospital equipment, and camping tents.
Global Textile Coating Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising demand for waterproof, high quality and heat resistant fabrics. A shift in the use of improved quality textiles has been witnessed across numerous end use industries. Increasing performance requirements, fire safety regulations and quality standards have impelled the demand for high performing textiles on the global level. Moreover, numerous manufacturers are heavily investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce improved coating polymers with anti-bacterial and self-healing properties. Rising environmental consciousness is also acting as another major growth-inducing factor. This has led several key players to replace PVC variants with polyurethanes for the production of coatings. For instance, Covestro, a polymer solutions company based in Germany, has launched Impranil DLN-SD, a water-based polyurethane (PU) dispersion, to be used in the manufacturing of biodegradable textile coatings. Rapid industrialization, the escalating demand for geotextiles and the emerging trend of sustainable fashion are some of the other factors providing a thrust to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit a CAGR of around 3% during 2020-2025.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into thermoplastics (polyvinyl chloride, polyurethane, acrylic and others) and thermosets (natural rubber, styrene butadiene rubber and others).
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into clothing, transportation, medical, construction and other segments.
- Based on technology, the market has been categorized into dot and full surface coating technologies.
- On the basis of the coating method, the market has been classified into traditional, evaporation, sputtering, plasma spray and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these key players include BASF SE, Covestro AG, Clariant International Ltd, TANATEX Chemicals, The Lubrizol Corporation, Solvay SA, and Huntsman International LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331