According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Textile Recycling Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global textile recycling market size grew at a CAGR of around 19% during 2014-2019. Textile recycling refers to the process of reusing and reprocessing old clothes, clothing scraps and other fibrous materials. Discarded pieces of clothing, including used dresses, carpets, sheets, curtains, towels and covers, are sorted depending upon their condition and are then reprocessed to form new and usable textile products. This method of recycling is widely gaining prominence across the globe, owing to the economic and environmental benefits associated with it. Apart from this, the recycling process minimizes land and water pollution, reduces the use of virgin fibers and lessens the demand for chemical dyes. Consequently, recycled textiles find vast applications in the apparel, retail, construction, automotive and home furnishing sectors.
Global Textile Recycling Market Trends:
Growing environmental consciousness is one of the key factors driving the market growth. There is an increasing awareness regarding the adverse effects of heavy industrial discharge from textile mills, which leads to an increased strain on landfills. This is also contributing to the rapid depletion of raw materials, which have motivated numerous individuals to adopt recycled textiles as one of the many effective measures toward sustainable development. Moreover, the emerging trend of donated clothes, which are then graded and transported across the world to be recycled, has encouraged several traders to offer door-to-door pickup programs. Furthermore, numerous key players in the apparel sector are taking initiatives to contribute to a sustainable cycle of manufacturing clothes. For instance, Patagonia, Inc., a California-based company and Hennes & Mauritz AB, a Swedish multinational clothing retail company, are offering garment recycling services across numerous stores. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include constant technological advancements and rising adoption of automation in the textile sector. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit strong growth during 2020-2025.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into cotton, wool, polyester and polyester fiber, nylon and nylon fiber and other types of recycling.
- On the basis of the textile waste, the market has been bifurcated into pre-consumer and post-consumer textiles.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into online channels, and retail and departmental stores.
- On the basis of the end users, the market has been classified into apparel, industrial, home furnishings, non-woven and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Anandi Enterprises, American Textile Recycling Service, Boer Group Recycling Solutions, I:Collect GmbH, Infinited Fiber Company, Patagonia, Inc., PROCOTEX BELGIUM SA, Retex Textiles Inc., and Unifi, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Contact US: IMARC Group
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal