According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Textile Recycling Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global textile recycling market size reached US$ 5.02 Billion in 2021. Textile recycling is the process of recovering old garments and other textiles for reuse and material recovery. It includes donating, collecting, sorting, processing, and transportation of used garments, rags, and other recovered materials to end users. It assists in avoiding the use of virgin fibers, reducing consumption of energy and water, generating less pollution, and minimizing the need for dyes.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Textile Recycling Market Trends:
At present, there is a rise in the demand for textile recycling on account of the growing environmental concerns and increasing awareness about the detrimental impact of waste incineration, heavy industrial discharges from textile mills, and depletion of silk and wool. This, along with the burgeoning textile industry across the globe, represents one of the key factors driving the market. Moreover, there is a rise in public awareness about the benefits of recycling old clothes. This, coupled with the increasing number of collection bins for cloth sorting at parking spaces, parks, shopping malls, and walkways, is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, several recycling companies are launching awareness campaigns about textile recycling and introducing door-to-door pickup programs for old garments. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 5.86 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 2.6% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into cotton, wool, polyester and polyester fiber, nylon and nylon fiber, and other recycling.
- On the basis of textile waste, the market has been bifurcated into pre-consumer and post-consumer textile.
- The market has been analyzed based on the distribution channel into online channel and retail and departmental store.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been classified into apparel, industrial, home furnishings, non-woven, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Anandi Enterprises, American Textile Recycling Service, Boer Group Recycling Solutions, I:Collect GmbH, Infinited Fiber Company, Patagonia, Prokotex, Pure Waste Textiles, Retex Textiles, Unifi, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800