The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Thermal Ceramics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,”finds that the global thermal ceramics market size reached US$ 4.3 Billion in 2021.Thermal ceramics are refractory materialsthat provide thermal shock resistance, thermal insulation, and durability at a temperature beyond 2000o Celsius. Also known as ultra-high temperature ceramics (UHTCs), these ceramicsare used to reduce energy consumption,emissions, and operating costs in high-temperature industrial processing of cement, metals,ceramics, glass, and petrochemicals. Besides this, the corrosion-resistant and electrical conducting properties of thermal ceramics also make them suitable for various high-temperature structural applications, including engines, hypersonic vehicles, plasma arc electrodes, cutting tools, furnace elements, and high-temperature shielding.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.??
Global Thermal CeramicsMarket Trends:
The market is primarily driven by theincreasing utilization of thermal ceramics in the aerospace industry to meet stringent performance, temperature, and weight specifications of spacecraft. In addition, the escalating use of hypersonic missiles and weapons due to the rising geopolitical tensions and investments in the defense sector represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the increasing investments in space explorationby governments of numerous countries are positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, as thermal ceramics provide lightweight fire insulation in super-yachts, cruise ships, high-speed ferries, offshore platforms, and floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessels, they are extensively utilized in deep-water oil extraction, especially in remote locations. Furthermore, the increasing sales of passenger vehicles arealso creating a favorable market outlook across the globeas thermal ceramics are widely employed in the automotive industry to protect the surface and inner layer of vehicles from friction and generated plasma. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 5.7 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into ceramic fabrics and insulation bricks.
- On the basis of the temperature range, the market has been categorizedinto 650-1000, 1000-1400, 1400-1600, and above 1600 Celsius.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into mining and metal processing, chemicals and petrochemicals, construction, manufacturing, power generation, aerospace, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, CeramTec GmbH, Dyson Technical Ceramics Ltd., FibreCast Inc., Ibiden Co. Ltd., Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Morgan Advanced Materials, Rath Group, Rauschert GmbH, RHI Magnesita GmbH, Shinagawa Refractories Co. Ltd., Unifrax and YESO Insulating Products Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800