According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Thermal Energy Storage Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global thermal energy storage market is currently witnessing strong growth. Thermal energy storage refers to a system of storing energy for use at a later stage for power generation. It comprises latent, sensible and thermochemical heat storages that are based on molten salt, ice and miscibility gap alloy (MGA) technology. It is utilized for temporarily containing thermal energy in hot or cold forms, which is crucial for balancing the energy demand when the production of energy exceeds the demand. Their employment results in increasing the overall efficiency and improving the reliability of the system while minimizing carbon dioxide emissions. Consequently, these storage systems, often coupled with concentrating solar power (CSP), are widely utilized across the commercial and residential sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Thermal Energy Storage Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising adoption of renewable energy sources for power generation. This is further facilitated by the increasing demand for uninterrupted power supply and the growing need for reliable power requirements across numerous industries. Thermal energy storage systems are also utilized in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications for the large-scale district and process heating and cooling facilities. Along with this, the numerous government initiatives undertaken to promote renewable energy adoption and sustainable infrastructural development are creating a positive outlook for the market. The escalating demand for thermal energy storage in CSP is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. The increasing integration of these storage solutions with CSP is expected to provide grid flexibility while significantly reducing efficiency losses. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the employment of these systems in green buildings for power generation and the extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by the key players. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the storage type, the market has been divided into sensible, latent and thermochemical heat storage devices.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified into molten salt technology, electric thermal storage heaters, solar energy storage, ice-based technology, miscibility gap alloy technology (MGA), and others.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been categorized into water, molten salt, phase change materials (PCM), and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into power generation, district heating and cooling, and process heating and cooling.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been divided into residential and commercial sectors, utility industry, and other industries.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Abengoa SA, Baltimore Aircoil Company, Inc., BrightSource Energy, Inc., Burns & McDonnell, Inc., Chicago Bridge & Iron Company (McDermott International), DC Pro Engineering, FAFCO, Inc., SolarReserve, LLC, Steffes, LLC, and Terrafore Technologies LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800