According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Thermal Spray Coating Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global thermal spray coating market reached a value of US$ 9.1 Billion in 2022. Thermal spray coating refers to a process in which a material is heated to a high temperature and then sprayed onto a surface to form a protective or functional layer. It offers numerous benefits, including enhanced durability, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and ability to improve the performance of various materials and components. There are several different kinds of thermal spray coating available in the market, including metallic, ceramic, and polymeric coating. The metallic coating is extensively used for wear resistance and corrosion protection, while the ceramic coating is valued for its high hardness and temperature resistance. The polymeric coating, on the other hand, is often used for its ability to improve the performance of certain materials and components. The thermal spray coating process can be performed using various methods, including flame spraying, plasma spraying, high-velocity oxy-fuel (HVOF) spraying, and electron beam physical vapor deposition (EB-PVD). It is widely used in various industries, including aerospace, automotive, biomedical, energy, and manufacturing, to improve the performance and durability of different materials and components.
Global Thermal Spray Coating Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for durable and performance-enhancing coatings. In line with this, the rising product demand in the aerospace industry to protect aircraft components from wear and corrosion is significantly contributing to market growth worldwide. Furthermore, the growing product utilization in the automotive industry to improve the performance and durability of engine components is positively influencing the market. In the biomedical sector, thermal spray coating is widely used to enhance the performance and biocompatibility of medical implants and devices. Apart from this, the rapid product uptake in the energy industry to improve the performance and efficiency of various components and systems is catalyzing the market. Moreover, the use of advanced thermal spray coating technologies, such as high-velocity oxy-fuel (HVOF) spraying and electron beam physical vapor deposition (EB-PVD), is expected to drive the growth of the market. These technologies offer improved coating performance and durability, making them increasingly popular in various industries. Besides, the escalating usage of gas turbines in helicopter engines, tanks, ships, and locomotives is bolstering the demand for thermal spray coating due to its high temperature and corrosion resistance since it provides safety to the parts against fire in high-temperature and moisture-laden conditions. Additionally, the broader range of product applications, such as protection against wear and corrosion, thickness, electrical resistance, and low toxic gas emissions, are anticipated to provide a boost to the market. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 13.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been categorized into metals, ceramics, intermetallics, polymers, carbides, abradables, and others.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified into cold, flame, plasma, high-velocity oxy-fuel (HVOF), electric arc, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into aerospace, industrial gas turbine, automotive, medical, printing, oil and gas, steel, pulp and paper, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Air Products and Chemicals Inc., American Roller Company LLC, Durum Verschleißschutz GmbH, Lincotek Rubbiano S.p.A, Metallizing Equipment Co. Pvt. Ltd., Montreal Carbide Co. Ltd., Powder Alloy Corporation, Praxair Surface Technologies Inc. (Linde plc), Progressive Surface Inc. and Wall Colmonoy Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Technology, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Air Products and Chemicals Inc., American Roller Company LLC, Durum Verschleißschutz GmbH, Lincotek Rubbiano S.p.A, Metallizing Equipment Co. Pvt. Ltd., Montreal Carbide Co. Ltd., Powder Alloy Corporation, Praxair Surface Technologies Inc. (Linde plc), Progressive Surface Inc. and Wall Colmonoy Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800