According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Timing Belt Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global timing belt market reached a value of US$
6.8 Billion in 2022. A timing belt is a part of an engine that is used to create sync between the rotation of the crankshaft and camshaft. It aids in opening and closing engine valves during the intake and exhaust strokes of each cylinder. It is a synthetic rubber strap consisting of fiber strands that offer strength and nylon-reinforced cords that assist in extending its lifespan. It also comprises teeth on the inner surface which fit into the grooves on the end of the camshaft and crankshaft to avoid slipping. Apart from being used in automobiles, it is also employed in water and oil pumps and balance shafts.
Rising sales of new automobiles owing to escalating global population and inflating income levels is catalyzing the demand for automotive timing belts. Moreover, these belts require frequent replacement as their expected lifespan is approximately 60,000 and 100,000 miles. Consequently, there is a proliferating demand for these belts from the replacement segment. Apart from this, manufacturers are continually investing in research and development activities in order to introduce improved variants. For instance, the newly launched timing belts come with fiber-reinforced materials containing glass-fiber which offers relatively more durability, strength and corrosion resistance. Owing to the aforementioned factors, the global timing belt market is estimated to reach a value of US$
9.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of
4.7% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the drive type, the market has been divided into dry belts, chains and belt in oil.
- Based on the component, the market has been segmented into tensioner, idler pulleys, timing shield/cover, sprocket.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been bifurcated into passenger and commercial vehicles. Currently, passenger vehicles accounts for majority of the total global market.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into OEM and aftermarket.
- On the geographical front, the market has been classified into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Among these, Asia Pacific are the major market for these belts.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed with some of the key players being B&B Manufacturing, ContiTech, The Carlstar Group, Gates Corporation, ACDelco, J.K. Fenner Limited, Federal-Mogul Motorparts Corporation, Bando USA, Dayco, Ningbo Beidi Synchronous Belt, Goodyear SKF, Ningbo Fulong Synchronous Belt, MAHLE Aftermarket and Tsubaki.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal