According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Tomato Seed Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027," the global tomato seed market size reached US$ 1.1 Billion in 2021. Tomato is one of the most widely cultivated vegetable crops worldwide. The small duration of tomato production and the high yield attained with its cultivation make it a commercial crop. It consists of vitamin B, phosphorus, and lycopene and plays a vital role in a well-balanced and healthy diet. It is a rich source of vitamins, essential amino acids, minerals, and dietary fibers. Tomato seed is an excellent source of Vitamin C, which helps to enhance immune health and maintain healthy skin. It also consists of dietary fibers, which help normalize unhealthy cholesterol levels, as well as amino acids, which can improve digestion. A tomato seed matures into another fruit following germination within a tomato. It is planted in the soil to obtain the nutrients and minerals required to grow into a healthy plant. The consumption of tomato seeds helps lower the risks of diabetes, urinary tract infections, and skin problems while improving fluid balance and preventing premature aging. Due to their varied benefits, tomato seeds are widely used in numerous food products worldwide.
Global Tomato Seed Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing tomato production. In line with this, the rising demand for tomatoes in the processed food industry is augmenting the overall tomato production by farmers, which is expected to significantly contribute to the demand for tomato seeds. Apart from this, various leading players are focusing on new product launches and investing in research and development activities in genomic emasculation techniques to make hybrid tomato seed production more profitable and ensure the supply of hybrid tomato seed at lower prices to the farmers. Moreover, the escalating consumer awareness regarding the health benefits offered by tomato seeds is catalyzing the market. Also, the increasing awareness among farmers about the benefits of adopting hybrid tomato seeds is accelerating the market growth. Other factors, including the growing health concerns among the masses and rapid technological advancements, are driving the market expansion worldwide. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1.7 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.8% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been categorized into hybrids and open-pollinated varieties.
- Based on the product, the market has been classified into large and cherry tomato seeds.
- Based on the growing technology, the market has been segmented into open-field and protected cultivation.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include BASF SE, Bayer AG, East West Seeds India Pvt.Ltd., Limagrain, Namdhari Seeds Pvt. Ltd., Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel B.V., Sakata Seed Corporation, Syngenta AG (China National Chemical Corporation), Takii & Co. Ltd. and UPL Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800