According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Torpedo Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global torpedo market reached a value of US$ 966 Million in 2021. A torpedo refers to a self-propelled and self-guided weapon that is characterized by a cigar-like shape. It is commonly operated underwater and launched from a ship, submarine or an aircraft to detonate on contact or in the vicinity of the target. It involves the use of numerous advanced devices for controlling its depth and directing in accordance with a pre-set plan upon receiving signals from an outside source. It also assists in detonating explosive-filled warhead when it strikes its target or comes near it.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Torpedo Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the rising threat of terrorism across numerous nations. The increasing incidences of growing geopolitical conflicts among several countries have led to the expansion of the defense budgets. This acts as a major growth-inducing factor for the global torpedo market. Moreover, multiple government agencies on the global level are continually investing in the upgradation of their existing naval systems, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the widespread integration of advanced technologies, including electric propulsion systems and advanced navigation solutions, with torpedoes as these variants are extensively characterized by high speed and advanced capabilities. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the advent of mini torpedoes, extensive research and development (R&D) activities and increasing investments by public and private organizations to enhance the connectivity between submarines and weapons, ultra-broadband arrays and intelligent controllers. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- On the basis of the weight, the market has been bifurcated into heavyweight and lightweight torpedoes.
- Based on the launch platform, the market has been divided into sea-launched (surface-launched and underwater-launched) and air-launched.
- On the basis of the propulsion, the market has been classified into electric and conventional.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Aselsan, Atlas Elektronik GmbH, BAE Systems, Bharat Dynamics Limited, Leonardo SpA, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Naval Group, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Company, Rosoboronexport, and Saab AB.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800