The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Transfection Reagents and Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global transfection reagents and equipment market reached a value of US$
899.2 Million in 2022. Transfection reagents and equipment are used to modulate gene expression in eukaryotic cells in vitro and in vivo. They prevent the production of certain proteins by hindering the translation process and allow researchers to generate stable cell lines and introduce deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) plasmids for expression and small interfering RNA (siRNA). They also provide cost-effective production of recombinant human therapeutic proteins in sufficient quantities. Owing to these properties, transfection reagents and equipment are widely utilized to produce r-proteins, antibodies, and viral vectors for vaccines.
Global Transfection Reagents and Equipment Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the recent outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic across the globe. At present, governing agencies of numerous countries are implementing favorable initiatives to accelerate the vaccination drive. Consequently, due to the emergence of newer variants, transfection reagents and equipment are widely utilized to develop innovative strategies or repurpose existing treatments to fight virus infection. In addition, the increasing detection of new cancer variants and the escalating demand for precision medicine and high-quality oncology treatment are accelerating product adoption in cancer research and drug development. This, coupled with the emergence of gene therapies to treat diseases caused by genetic problems, is positively influencing market growth. Moreover, various advancements in transfection technologies and the increasing investments in biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors are anticipated to augment market growth in the coming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$
1,426.9 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of
7.64% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into reagents and equipment.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been segmented into biochemical-based, physical, and viral vector-based transfection.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into biomedical research, protein production, and therapeutic delivery.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academics and research institutes.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Lonza Group AG, MaxCyte Inc., Merck KGaA, Mirus Bio LLC, OriGene Technologies Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Polyplus-transfection SA, Promega Corporation, PromoCell GmbH, Qiagen N.V. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800