According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Transfer Switch Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global transfer switch market size reached US$ 1.6 Billion in 2022. A transfer switch is an electrical device that is designed to facilitate seamless switching between power sources in various settings, especially during instances of power outages or fluctuating electricity supply. It ensures a swift and automatic transition from the primary power source to an alternative power source, such as a backup generator. It assists in maintaining uninterrupted power supply to critical systems, equipment, and appliances. It also aids in preventing disruptions, safeguarding productivity, and operational efficiency.
Global Transfer Switch Market Trends:
At present, the rising focus on business resilience and disaster management represents one of the major factors contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the growing demand for uninterrupted power supply to sustain operations, protect sensitive data, and prevent financial losses is offering a positive market outlook. In line with this, the increasing integration of smart technologies and the Internet of Things (IoT) to provide more reliable power transfer and enable remote monitoring and diagnostics is supporting the growth of the market. Apart from this, the rising demand for sustainable energy solutions is bolstering the growth of the market. In addition, the increasing employment of transfer switches in power generation is strengthening the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 2.4 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into automatic transfer switch (contactor based transfer switch, circuit based transfer switch, and static transfer switch) and manual transfer switch. Presently, automatic transfer switch (contactor based transfer switch, circuit based transfer switch, and static transfer switch) dominates the market, accounting for the largest share.
- On the basis of the transition mode, the market has been classified into soft load transition mode, closed transition mode, delayed transition mode, and open transition mode. At present, closed transition mode holds the largest market share.
- Based on the rating, the market has been divided into 0-300A, 301-1600A, and 1600A-4000A. 301-1600A currently represents the biggest market share.
- On the basis of end-user sector, the market has been segregated into industrial, commercial, and residential. At present, residential exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being ABB, General Electric, Cummins, Eaton Corporation, Emerson Electric, Siemens, SOCOMEC Group, Russelectric, Caterpillar, Schneider Electric, Generac Power Systems, Eltek, Camsco Electric Company, Marathon Thomson Power System, DynaGen Technologies, and Mitsubishi Electric.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Transition Mode, Rating, End-Use Sector, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||ABB, General Electric, Cummins, Eaton Corporation, Emerson Electric, Siemens, SOCOMEC Group, Russelectric, Caterpillar, Schneider Electric, Generac Power Systems, Eltek, Camsco Electric Company, Marathon Thomson Power System, DynaGen Technologies and Mitsubishi Electric
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800