According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Transparent Ceramics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global transparent ceramics market reached a value of US$ 549 Million in 2022. Transparent ceramics refer to polycrystalline materials that transmit light in the visible, mid-wave, and long-wave infrared (IR) wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum. They are manufactured and produced using various techniques, including vacuum sintering, high pressure (HP), and hot isostatic pressure (HIP), spark plasma sintering (SPS), and microwave sintering. Transparent ceramics are widely used in lasers, infrared radiation (IR) windows and domes, transparent armors, smartphone screens, lamp envelopes, optoelectronics, and sensors. They exhibit great strength, corrosion resistance, high insulation, good chemical stability, and high-temperature resistance. As compared to optical resin and glass materials, transparent ceramics are harder and can be molded in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
Global Transparent Ceramics Market Trends:
The widespread product adoption in the aerospace and defense industries across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Transparent ceramics are widely used in manufacturing armors, missile hoods, aviation windows, protective masks, bulletproof glasses, and missile optics systems. Furthermore, increasing product demand in the electronics industry for manufacturing light emitting diodes (LEDs), indicators, lamps, reflectors, displays, and light guides is providing a considerable boost to market growth. In addition to this, the rising utilization of transparent ceramics in the optoelectronics industry for manufacturing optical switches, lenses, and IR night vision devices is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of transparent nano-ceramics with high transmittance properties that are commonly used in optical isolators, intelligent terminal screens, and solid-state lasers is providing an impetus to market growth. Moreover, the rising demand for transparent ceramic scintillators in medical imaging applications, such as gamma-ray spectroscopy and high-energy radiography, is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including significant growth in the consumer electronics industry, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the rising demand from the construction industry for manufacturing pipes, tiles, and brick, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 1,732 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 20.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into monocrystalline transparent ceramics, polycrystalline transparent ceramics, and others.
- Based on the material, the market has been categorized into sapphire, yttrium aluminum garnet (YAG), spinel, aluminum oxynitride, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into optics and optoelectronics, aerospace, defense and security, mechanical and chemical, sensors and instrumentation, healthcare, consumer goods, energy, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being American Elements, CeramTec GmbH, CeraNova Corporation, Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A., CoorsTek Inc., General Electric Company, II-VI Incorporated, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Konoshima Chemical Co. Ltd., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Schott AG and Surmet Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Material, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||American Elements, CeramTec GmbH, CeraNova Corporation, Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A., CoorsTek Inc., General Electric Company, II-VI Incorporated, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Konoshima Chemical Co. Ltd., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Schott AG and Surmet Corporation.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal