According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Transplantation Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global transplantation market size reached US$ 14.4 Billion in 2022. Transplantation refers to the surgical procedure of transferring organs, tissues, or cells from the donor to the recipient in order to replace damaged or malfunctioning organs, restore bodily functions, and improve the recipient's quality of life. It involves the removal of a healthy organ from a deceased or living donor, which is then transplanted into a recipient who needs that particular organ. It acts as a critical medical intervention for individuals suffering from end-stage organ failure, severe injuries, or certain genetic disorders. Common organs that can be transplanted include the heart, liver, kidneys, lungs, and pancreas. The success of transplantation depends on various factors, including compatibility between the donor and recipient, availability of suitable organs or tissues, and post-transplant care to prevent rejection.
Global Transplantation Market Trends:
The market is majorly driven by the rising incidences of chronic diseases, such as end-stage renal disease, liver cirrhosis, heart failure, and lung diseases. Moreover, ongoing advancements in surgical techniques, immunosuppressive medications, and organ preservation methods have significantly improved transplantation success rates, thus contributing to the growth of the market. Besides this, various governments, healthcare organizations, and advocacy groups are actively promoting organ donation and transplantation through awareness campaigns, policy reforms, and infrastructure development, which is providing a boost to the market. In line with this, the growing establishment of international guidelines, standards, and best practices for transplantation are also impacting the market favorably. Apart from this, continual research in tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, and stem cell therapy and the development of bioartificial organs, xenotransplantation, and advancements in immunology and genomics are significantly supporting the market demand. The market is further driven by the development of robust infrastructure, including transplant centers, organ procurement organizations, and transplant networks that help coordinate organ allocation, organ transportation, and post-transplant care. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 26.6 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 9.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into tissue products, immunosuppressive drugs, and preservation solution. Currently, tissue products represents the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into organ and tissue transplantation. Among these, tissue transplantation exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the end user insights, the market has been classified into hospitals, transplantation centers, and others. Among these, hospitals exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 21st Century Medicine, AbbVie Inc., Arthrex Inc., Astellas Pharma Inc., BioLife Solutions Inc., CareDx Inc., Novartis AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., TransMedics Inc. and Veloxis Pharmaceutical Inc. (Asahi Kasei Corporation).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Tissue Products, Immunosuppressive Drugs, Preservation Solution
||Organ Transplantation, Tissue Transplantation
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Transplantation Centers, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||21st Century Medicine, AbbVie Inc., Arthrex Inc., Astellas Pharma Inc., BioLife Solutions Inc., CareDx Inc., Novartis AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., TransMedics Inc., Veloxis Pharmaceutical Inc. (Asahi Kasei Corporation), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800