IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Trash Bags Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global trash bags market size reached US$ 11.3 Billion in 2022. Trash bags, also known as garbage bags, refer to lightweight, disposable plastic bags used to collect and dispose of wet or dry trash. They are also used to line the insides of garbage bins and cans to hold the waste while keeping the container clean and minimizing the foul smell. They are easy to use, cost-effective, and usually manufactured from polyethylene. They offer excellent strength, durability, leakproof, and resistance against tear, chemicals, and moisture. They aid in the disposal of solid waste and wet garbage, such as food scraps. They also assist in storing small and loose items and keeping the products waterproof. As a result, trash bags are widely used across the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors.
Global Trash Bags Market Trends:
The rising concerns regarding hygiene and cleanliness among the masses represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Apart from this, the increasing waste production due to the expanding global population and rapid urbanization has accelerated product adoption rates. Additionally, there has been widespread product adoption to store and carry waste efficiently while eliminating the risk of spreading diseases or infections. In line with this, the shifting consumer focus toward new trash bag breakdown methods and processes has augmented product demand. Furthermore, governments of various countries are implementing bans on single-use plastics owing to the growing environmental consciousness. Consequently, the leading manufacturers are introducing compostable, biodegradable, and recyclable trash bags to minimize the plastic footprint, thereby positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, recent advancements in waste processing methods and garbage transportation and distribution facilities have catalyzed market growth. Moreover, the rising strategic partnerships and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) among key players to increase their profitability and expand their product portfolio have propelled market growth. Other factors, including the surging use of waterproof trash bags in the automotive industry, inflating consumer expenditure capacities, ongoing product innovations, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 17.6 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.32% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into drawstring, star-sealed, and other bags.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been segmented into high-density, low-density, linear low-density, bio-degradable, and other polyethylene materials.
- The market has been divided based on the size into 3 to 13, 13 to 50, and above 50 gallons.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into residential, commercial, and industrial.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Berry Global Inc., Cosmoplast Industrial Company (L.L.C.) (Harwal Group of Companies), Four Star Plastics, Inteplast Group Corporation, International Plastics Inc., Luban Packing LLC, Mapco (Pvt) Ltd., Novolex, NOVPLASTA CZ s.r.o., Poly-America L.P., Reynolds Consumer Products, The Clorox Company, and Universal Plastic Bags.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Material, Size, Distribution Channel, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Berry Global Inc., Cosmoplast Industrial Company (L.L.C.) (Harwal Group of Companies), Four Star Plastics, Inteplast Group Corporation, International Plastics Inc., Luban Packing LLC, Mapco (Pvt) Ltd., Novolex, NOVPLASTA CZ s.r.o., Poly-America L.P., Reynolds Consumer Products, The Clorox Company and Universal Plastic Bags.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800