According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment market reached a value of US$
2.2 Billion in 2021. Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment is the device that is utilized for inactivating waterborne pathogens without the use of chemicals. Short-wavelength UV lights are employed to disinfect water by inactivating or destroying bacteria. These rays destroy nucleic acids and disrupt the DNA of the microorganisms, which aid in obstructing their vital cellular functions. UV equipment employs light-emitting diodes (LEDs), bulbs and lamps in close contact with water for disinfecting it. Apart from this, they can also be utilized for the purification of food and industrial solvents. As a result, UV disinfection solutions are widely used for numerous industrial, commercial, aquatic and high-purity applications across the food and beverages, and biopharmaceutical industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection Equipment Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising demand for clean and safe drinking water on the global level. This is facilitated by the population explosion and scarcity of freshwater resources. Along with this, rapid industrialization in emerging economies has led to an increase in the water pollution levels, which has resulted in the growing prevalence of waterborne diseases. This, in turn, is increasing the adoption of UV disinfection solutions for water purification. These solutions also offer various advantages, such as reduced maintenance requirements and lower operating costs, which is contributing their widespread utilization. The market is further driven by the enhanced focus toward environmental safety. The UV disinfection technology utilizes LED lights, which are highly energy-efficient and do not leave behind toxic residues. Consequently, these solutions are widely being preferred for various water and wastewater treatment applications. Furthermore, UV disinfection equipment can be customized to be employed in the healthcare sector as a measure to control the spread of hospital-acquired diseases. This, along with the increasing demand for physical disinfection equipment from the food and beverages, electronics and chemical industries, is expected to create numerous growth opportunities in the market. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment market to grow at a CAGR of
17.4% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been divided into UV lamp, controller unit, quartz sleeve, reactor chamber and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into water treatment (municipal, residential and commercial water treatment), wastewater treatment, air treatment (health facilities, residential and commercial, and bio-terror agents), process water treatment and surface disinfection.
- On the basis of the marketing channel, the market has been bifurcated into direct and indirect marketing.
- Based on the end-use sector, the market has been segmented into residential, commercial and industrial.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Advanced UV, Inc., American Ultraviolet, Halma plc, Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation, Enaqua, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, First Light Technologies Ltd., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Xenex Disinfection Services LLC, and Xylem Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800