According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment market size reached US$ 2.4 Billion in 2019. UV disinfection equipment is used to inactivate pathogenic organisms by destroying or degrading their genetic material. It utilizes short-wavelength UV light, which is non-corrosive and more effective as compared to conventional chemical-based disinfectants. With advancements in technology, manufacturers have developed UV lights with longer lifespans and smaller sizes, which have broadened their applicability from industrial to personal use.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global UV Disinfection Equipment Market Trends:
The adoption of UV equipment has increased significantly as governments of various countries are undertaking initiatives to promote the utilization of environment-friendly disinfection methods. In the healthcare sector, this equipment is employed in operating rooms, patient wards and other spaces to minimize the spread of hospital-acquired diseases. With a significant increase in the population size, there has been a decline in freshwater resources, along with a rise in the instances of infectious diseases. This has aggravated the demand for safe and clean drinking water, which, in turn, is boosting the utilization of UV disinfection equipment in the water treatment sector. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are investing considerably in research and development (R&D) activities to improve the performance and efficiency of these devices. Moreover, the ongoing spread of coronavirus has increased the demand for UV disinfection equipment for sanitizing various items. On account of these factors, the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.2% during 2020-2025.
- Based on the component, the market has been segmented into UV lamps, controller units, quartz sleeves, reactor chambers and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into water treatment, wastewater treatment, air treatment, process treatment and surface disinfection.
- The market has been segregated based on the marketing channel into direct and indirect marketing.
- On the basis of the end use sector, the market has been classified into the residential, commercial and industrial segments.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Russia, Italy, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Advanced UV Inc., American Ultraviole, Inc., Aquionics, Inc., Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation, Enaqua, Evoqua Water Technologies Corp., First Light Technologies Ltd., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Xenex Disinfection Services LLC and Xylem, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800