According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "United States Probe Station Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the United States probe station market grew at a CAGR of around 9% during 2015-2020. A probe station refers to an interface tool that is widely used to measure the electrical characteristics of a microelectronic device. It is essential for acquiring signals from the internal nodes of semiconductors. It consists of thermal monitor systems, specific cables, and calibration software that support the positioning and characterization of testing devices in an effective manner. It also requires the use of microscopes and micropositioners to accurately measure the inputs and outputs of a device under test (DUT). Consequently, these devices are extensively employed across varied industries for applications ranging from basic continuity inspection to advanced scanning of micro-circuits.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
United States Probe Station Market Trends:
The United States probe market is primarily driven by considerable growth in the electronics and telecommunication sectors. This has created a rising need for efficient testing of semiconductor devices and optical fibers across the region, thereby providing a boost to the demand for probe stations. Additionally, the increasing preference for RF-based probe stations among end users is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. These product variants are characterized by easy setup, affordable costs, compact size and enhanced efficiency, which is providing a thrust to the market growth. Furthermore, extensive research and development (R&D) activities for the introduction of advanced probe stations in the market with improved accuracy in measurements for higher-frequency applications are creating a positive outlook for the market. Also, numerous key players in the region are introducing probe stations with probe card integration and numerous other customized solutions to cater to the evolving requirements of end users. Coupled with the growing integration of connected devices in autonomous vehicles, this is providing an impetus to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to witness strong growth during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into auto, semi-auto and manual probe stations.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into semiconductors, microelectronics, optical electronics, photoelectric, and others.
- On the basis of the measurement application, the market has been categorized into RF, DC and active probe stations.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into direct and indirect sales.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals and clinics, research institutes, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Northeast, Midwest, South and West.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Everbeing Int’l Corp., FormFactor Inc, Hprobe, KeyFactor Systems Inc., Lake Shore Cryotronics Inc, Micronics Japan Co. Ltd., MPI Corporation, The Micromanipulator Company, Tokyo Electron U.S. Holdings Inc. (Tokyo Electron Limited), and Wentworth Laboratories Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800