According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Unmanned Ground Vehicles Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global unmanned ground vehicles market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of XX% during 2022-2027. Unmanned ground vehicles (UGV) are land robots that operate without the presence of onboard human operators. They are equipped with a set of sensors to monitor and observe the terrain, gather crucial information and then report the findings to the operators who remotely control the vehicle through teleoperation. UGVs can either act and navigate autonomously or according to the instructions passed on by their operators. They are widely used in environments where it is inconvenient and dangerous to accommodate the presence of human operators. For instance, they are utilized for carrying out rescue duties during disasters, and for examining the ground, supplying ammunition to soldiers during combat, and detecting and detonating explosives.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Unmanned Ground Vehicles Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising incidences of terrorist activities and cross-border disputes. Consequently, governments of various countries are investing in the utilization of efficient military modules to manage combat operations and counterinsurgencies with minimum human loss. This, in confluence with the increasing defense spending by governments for upgrading their security capabilities, is propelling the demand for UGVs. The growing preference for autonomous UGVs is also expected to provide a boost to the market growth. Continual technological advancements in sensors and remote-control technologies have led to the advent of autonomous UGVs with advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and operational capabilities. Apart from this, these vehicles are increasingly being employed by the marine sector for patrolling established command posts and bases in hostile environments. The expanding applications of UGVs across other industry verticals for logistics, firefighting, coal mining, highway transit, planetary exploration and disaster management operations are further catalyzing the market growth.
- On the basis of the mobility, the market has been divided into wheeled, tracked, legged and hybrid.
- Based on the size, the market has been classified into small (10-200 lbs), medium (200 - 500 lbs), large (500 – 1,000 lbs), very large (1,000 – 2,000 lbs), and extremely large (>2,000 lbs).
- On the basis of the mode of operation, the market has been categorized into tethered, teleoperated and autonomous.
- Based on the system, the market has been segmented into payloads, control systems, navigation systems, power systems and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into military, law enforcement, federal law enforcement and commercial.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include ASELSAN A.S, Boston Dynamics, Cobham Plc (Eaton Corporation PLC), DOK-ING Ltd., Teledyne FLIR LLC, General Dynamics Corporation, L3Harris Technologies Inc., ICOR Technology Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Nexter Systems, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Oshkosh Corporation, QinetiQ Group Plc, RE2 Inc (Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation), and Robo-Team Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800