IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Ureteral Stents Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global ureteral stents market size reached US$ 332.1 Million in 2021. Ureteral stents refer to flexible, thin, and hollow plastic tubes placed inside the ureter to allow urine to pass from the kidney into the bladder. They line the entire length of the ureter to keep it open. While the top part of the stent has a coil that sits in the kidney, the loop at the lower end sits inside the bladder. They help restore urine flow through the blocked ureter, lower the pain associated with the blockage, and enable the kidney to function normally. As a result, ureteral stents are widely used to manage and treat various conditions, such as kidney stones, kidney transplants, urinary incontinence, prostate cancer, and tumors.
Global Ureteral Stents Market Trends:
Ureteral stents are extensively utilized during the procedure of ureteroscopy and ureterorenoscopy. Consequently, the rising incidences of urological and kidney disorders represent the primary factor driving the market growth. This can be attributed to the high quantity of calcium in the diet, growing alcohol consumption, and unhealthy lifestyle habits of individuals. Moreover, the surging cases of prostate cancer, tumors, and narrowing or scarring of the ureter have augmented the product demand. In addition, there has been a rise in the use of ureteral stents during kidney transplants, wherein they are placed inside the patient’s body until the newly implanted kidney adapts to the body. Along with this, the increasing number of renal transplants and the growing concerns related to renal dysfunction have catalyzed market growth. Furthermore, the leading players are focusing on launching innovative product variants that reduce stent migration, ureterovesical reflux, and tissue irritation during the procedure. In line with this, the rising adoption of biodegradable materials with antibacterial coatings for efficient and improved results related to urinary and kidney disorders has propelled market growth. Other factors, including the increasing regulatory approvals for polymer-based ureteral stents, favorable reimbursement policies, improving healthcare infrastructure, and technological innovations, are creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 480.3 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- The market has been categorized based on the product type into open end, closed end, Double J, and multiloop stents.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been bifurcated into metallic and polymer ureteral stents (silicone, polyurethane, and hybrid stents).
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into kidney stones, kidney transplantation, tumors, urinary incontinence, and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs), and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Allium Medical Solutions Ltd., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Biomerics, Boston Scientific Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Coloplast Ltd., Cook Group Incorporated, Medline Industries Inc., Merit Medical Systems Inc., Olympus Corporation, and Teleflex Incorporated.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800