The latest report by IMARC, titled “UV LED Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global UV LED market size reached US$ 674.3 Million in 2022. Ultraviolet (UV) light-emitting diodes (LEDs) refer to technology that converts electrical energy into ultraviolet light. UV LEDs generally operate at a temperature below 100 Fahrenheit. They are environment-friendly as they consume less energy and do not possess harmful mercury, and produce ozone. They are extensively used in coatings, industrial curing of printing and adhesives, biological inactivation, advanced imaging, and molecular detection. In recent years, UV LEDs have gained momentum due to their wide employment in mainstream applications, such as purification, disinfection, sterilization, indoor gardening, and medical phototherapy.
Global UV LED Market Trends:
UV LED lighting offers a longer lifetime, greater reliability, and smaller sizes, enabling system designers maximum design freedom, which represents the primary factor driving the market. Additionally, the extensive product utilization in sterilization applications, as it is the most cost-effective way to provide safe drinking water globally, is creating a positive market outlook. Besides this, the demand for environment-friendly methods of producing optoelectronics is constantly rising. Along with this, various technological developments in the production of solid-state UV devices are propelling market growth. In line with this, the rising miniaturization in consumer electronics and the growing adoption of LED technology for UV curing commercial and industrial materials, including inks, is catalyzing the market growth. Moreover, the wide employment of this product in deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) analysis and germicidal for surface, air, and water purification are creating lucrative growth opportunities for key players operating in the industry. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1,768.3 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 16.1% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been segmented into silicon carbide (SiC), Gallium Nitride (GaN), sapphire, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into curing, disinfection/purification, indoor gardening, counterfeit detection, and others.
- On the basis of the industry vertical, the market has been segmented into healthcare and medical, agriculture, residential, industrial, and commercial.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Asahi Kasei Corporation, Dr. Hönle AG, FUJIFILM Corporation, Heraeus Holding GmbH, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Lumileds Holding B.V., Nichia Corporation, Nordson Corporation, Osram Licht AG (ams AG), Phoseon Technology, SemiLEDs Corporation, and Seoul Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Material, Application, Industry Vertical, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Asahi Kasei Corporation, Dr. Hönle AG, FUJIFILM Corporation, Heraeus Holding GmbH, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Lumileds Holding B.V., Nichia Corporation, Nordson Corporation, Osram Licht AG (ams AG), Phoseon Technology, SemiLEDs Corporation and Seoul Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800