The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Uveitis Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global uveitis treatment market size reached US$ 1.5 Billion in 2021. Uveitis refers to a condition that causes inflammation of the middle layer of tissue in the eyewall uvea. It causes swelling that can damage the eye tissues, leading to poor vision or blindness. Uveitis is mainly caused by autoimmune diseases in which the body attacks itself, causing inflammation, infection and tumor in the eyes or other parts of the body. The treatment for uveitis involves a therapeutic process that can heal the inflammation of the uvea and surrounding tissues. It is treated with the help of drugs such as cycloplegic agents, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobials, as well as immunotherapy and targeted therapies. Uveitis treatment also provides the patient with relief from the pain, prevents further damage of the tissues, and restores vision loss.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Uveitis Treatment Market Trends:
The market is driven by the increasing prevalence of uveitis and other infectious eye disorders in individuals. Besides this, the growing awareness regarding the need for proper treatment among patients is also encouraging the adoption of advanced therapeutics. In addition to this, the rising complication associated with uveitis has resulted in increased investment in healthcare, thereby fueling the market growth. Furthermore, individualswith diabetes, eye injuries, cataracts, glaucoma, band keratopathy, and inflammatory disorders are more susceptible to uveitis. As a result, governments of different nations are taking initiatives to accelerate the approval of drugs in the pipeline and new routes of drug administration to improve the efficacy of the drugs. In addition to this, there has been a rise in the number of clinical trials for eye inflammation treatments for refractory posterior and intermediate uveitis across the globe. Nowadays, several leading manufacturers have increased their production capacity of the medication. Moreover, extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the field of ophthalmology have led to the introduction ofadvanced uveitis treatment, creating lucrative opportunities in the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.95% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the treatment type, the market has been segmented into corticosteroids, immunosuppressant, monoclonal antibodies, cycloplegic agents, antibiotics, antivirals, antifungal, and analgesics.
- On the basis of the disease type, the market has been classified into anterior uveitis, posterior uveitis, intermediate uveitis, and panuveitis.
- The market has been categorized based on the cause into infectious and non-infectious.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into hospital, retail, online, and other pharmacies.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being AbbVie Inc., Alimera Sciences Inc., Bausch & Lomb Incorporated (Bausch Health), Enzo Biochem Inc., Eyegate Pharmaceuticals Inc., Eyepoint Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800