According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Vibration Sensor Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026”, the global vibration sensor market size witnessed moderate growth during 2015-2020. A vibration sensor is a device used for measuring the amount and frequency of vibration in a piece of equipment or system. It can either connect directly or monitor wirelessly to examine the condition of machines, bridges, buildings and predict future breakdowns. Vibration sensors also detect imbalances in the assets and offer insight to the maintenance teams. As a result, it helps prevent equipment failure and provides major repairs in time in case of any discrepancies in frequency levels. In recent years, vibration sensors are increasingly adopted due to the rising need for machine condition monitoring and maintenance.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Vibration Sensor Market Trends:
The global vibration sensor market is primarily driven by the expanding manufacturing sector and the automotive and oil and gas industries. Vibration sensors measure and record the changes in acceleration, velocity and displacement caused by faults in machines and rectify any external excitation. Emerging industrial automation and growing preference for predictive maintenance tools and techniques for monitoring the condition of equipment and devices to identify symptoms of wear and failure are further propelling the market growth. These sensors are employed in rotating machinery, including pumps, motors, bearings, and turbines. Besides this, the integration of the internet of things (IoT), machine learning (ML), wireless sensor networks, cloud-based analysis, and big data with machine vibration measurements has also escalated the demand for vibration sensors. Moreover, technological advancements made by manufacturers, such as the introduction of fiber optics and micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) sensors that are resistant to extreme climatic conditions, are widely being deployed in various monitoring applications. Furthermore, the launch of smart vibrating sensors that monitor the surface temperature of machines and calculate vibration characteristics are positively influencing the market growth across the globe. Looking forward, the market value is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into accelerometers, velocity sensors, non-contact displacement transducers, and others. Currently, accelerometers are the most popular product.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been classified into piezoresistive, strain gauge, variable capacitance, optical, and others. Among these, piezoresistive represents the most preferred technology.
- The market has been categorized based on the material into doped silicon, piezoelectric ceramics, and quartz. Piezoelectric ceramics account for the majority of the overall market share.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been segregated into automotive, healthcare, aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, industrial machinery and others. At present, vibration sensors are mostly used in the automotive sector.
- Region-wise, North America (the United States and Canada) exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Analog Devices Inc., Bosch Sensortec GmbH (Robert Bosch GmbH), Dytran Instruments Inc., Emerson Electric Corp., FUTEK Advanced Sensor Technology Inc., Hansford Sensors Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., National Instruments Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Rockwell Automation, Safran Colibrys SA, SKF Group, TE Connectivity Ltd. and Texas Instruments Incorporated.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal