According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Global Virtual Reality Headset Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global virtual reality headset market reached a value of US$ 9.4 Billion in 2022. A virtual reality headset refers to a head-mounted device that is generally used while playing video games. It involves the use of advanced technologies in order to create simulated surroundings that offer an immersive 3D and first-person perspective (FTP) experience, along with a digitized landscape to the wearer. It is usually equipped with a stereoscopic head-mounted display, accelerators, gyroscopic sensors, and magnetometers or structured light systems that enable individuals to interact with the virtual space that is created in the software. Apart from this, it is also widely adopted in medical, defense and military applications and industrial prototype training.
Global Virtual Reality Headset Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by continual technological advancements in gaming technology. This is supported by the widespread integration of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies with VR headsets in order to offer realistic sounds, images, and sensations to the wearer, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Also, the increasing deployment of advanced functions in the VR headsets that includes a field of view and frame rate, position and head tracking, and spatial audio and sound effects is also gaining prominence among the masses, especially young adults. Apart from this, the rising product adoption in the healthcare sector for teaching trauma medical professionals about medical procedures and delivering enhanced care to patients is propelling the market growth. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include rapid digitization and the increasing investments by leading players in extensive research and development (R&D) activities to improve the existing virtual reality (VR) headset technology. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 23.71% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into personal computer-based, console-based, and smartphone-based, and standalone.
- Based on the material, the market has been segmented into plastics, paper, and others.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been segregated into consumer electronics, healthcare, games and entertainment, automobile, education, real estate and military.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Lattin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of the key players include Fove Inc., Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.), HTC Corporation, LG Electronics Inc., Merge Labs Inc., Meta Platforms Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (Sony Group Corporation).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Material, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Fove Inc., Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.), HTC Corporation, LG Electronics Inc., Merge Labs Inc., Meta Platforms Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (Sony Group Corporation)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.