According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Virus Filtration Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global virus filtration market reached a value of US$ 3.6 Billion in 2021. Virus filtration refers to the process that helps in the retention and removal of virus particles. It involves the utilization of a polymeric membrane barrier that collects virus particles on the pores of the membrane. This process assists research professionals in studying the somatic cells, recombinant therapeutic proteins, and gene therapy. Apart from this, it also helps to eliminate potential virus contaminants from medical drugs and vaccines. As a result, virus filtration devices are widely deployed across pharmaceutical manufacturing units and research laboratories for maintaining hygiene and removing potential virus variants from surfaces and surroundings.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Virus Filtration Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by significant growth in the biopharmaceuticals industry. This is supported by the increasing investment by public and private firms in the field of biotechnology. Along with this, the rising concerns regarding the spread of numerous virus variants in the environment are providing a boost to the market growth. In line with this, the recent outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has propelled the market growth across the globe. Moreover, several leading manufacturers are heavily investing in product innovations globally, which is providing an impetus to the market growth further. For instance, the introduction of virus filtration systems that are capable of destroying virus particles is positively influencing the market growth across the globe. Furthermore, the widespread integration of virus filtration technology in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) appliances is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the rising prevalence of viral diseases and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players to introduce improved product variants in the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into consumables (kits and reagents and others), instruments (filtration systems and chromatography systems) and services.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into biologicals (vaccines and therapeutics, blood and blood products, cellular and gene therapy products and others), medical devices, water purification, air purification and others.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been segregated into biopharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies, contract research organizations, academic institutes and research laboratories and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and other) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Asahi Kasei Medical Co. Ltd., Charles River Laboratories, Inc., Clean Cells, Danaher Corporation, Merck Kgaa, Sartorius Ag and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800