According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Warehouse Robotics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global warehouse robotics market reached a value of US$ 5.04 Billion in 2021. Warehouse robotics refers to a specialized computer-controlled automated system that is designed for transporting materials and streamlining various warehouse operations, including picking, sorting and putaway. It relies on advanced machines and software solutions for performing, replenishing inventory, material batching, ordering, security inspections, and palletizing consumer goods effectively. At present, warehouse robots consist of sortation, conveyors, autonomous mobile robots (AMR), and automated storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS).
These solutions employ infrared monocular cameras, goods-to-person (G2P) solutions, aerial drones, and integrated navigation maps to eliminate obstacles and collisions, enhance accuracy, and deliver inventory. This, in turn, assists in optimizing operational efficiency, improving reliability, and generating profitable margins through mitigating redundant procedures and frequent wear and tear. Consequently, it is extensively used in supply chain, distribution centers, and warehouse management circles.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Warehouse Robotics Market Trends:
Rapid expansion in the e-commerce sector and the increasing need for inventory management and automation across sectors represents some of the prime factors currently driving the warehouse robotics market growth. This is further supported by the rising awareness amongst manufacturers regarding the product safety and superior quality production offered by warehouse robotics, which, in turn, is facilitating their escalating demand across the globe. In line with this, significant technological advancements, such as the integration of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and warehouse management system (WMS) is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. These solutions assist in facilitating speedy retrieval, mitigating the risk of accidents, and improving object perception and positioning materials. Additionally, the extensive deployment of AS/RS across different industrial verticals for improving ergonomics, enhancing floor space utilization, promoting the timely distribution of products, reducing operational time and labor cost, and eliminating consumer goods picking errors is contributing to the market growth. Other factors, such as rapid industrialization in small and medium scale warehouses and the emergence of autonomous mobile robots (AMR), are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 11.3 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 13.20% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into articulated, gantry, automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS), mobile, and others.
- On the basis of the function, the market has been categorized into storage, trans-shipments, packaging, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into food and beverages, automotive, retail, electronics and electrical, pharmaceuticals, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players being ABB Ltd., Amazon.com Inc., Fanuc Corp., Fetch Robotics Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Kuka AG, Locus Robotics, Omron Corporation, Siemens AG., Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd. and Yaskawa Electric Corp.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal