According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Water Desalination Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global water desalination equipment market grew at a CAGR of around 8% during 2015-2020. Water desalination equipment is used to purify seawater and brackish water. It assists in separating salts and minerals from water sources and converting them to freshwater. It relies on various technologies to provide consumable water. As a result, water desalination equipment finds application during the processing of brine across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Water Desalination Equipment Market Trends:
Due to the rapid depletion of freshwater reserves, there is a surge in water scarcity around the world. This, in confluence with a considerable increase in the requirement for effective wastewater management, represents one of the primary factors strengthening the market growth. Apart from this, declining environmental conditions, such as increasing pollution levels and deforestation activities, have propelled governing agencies to develop water desalination plants. Furthermore, leading players are introducing advanced technologies like hybrid desalination process equipment and multi-stage flash (MSF) distillation technology. These technologies offer ease of operation, minimal maintenance costs, and compatibility with dual-purpose power generation plants. This, along with extensive infrastructural developments, is creating a favorable market outlook. The market is also impelled by the rising global population and the growing adoption of desalination equipment in the commercial and residential sectors worldwide. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to continue its moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the technology, the market has been divided into reverse osmosis, MSF distillation, multi-effect distillation (MED), and others.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been segregated into seawater, brackish water, river water, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into municipal, industrial, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Abengoa, S.A., Acciona, S.A., Biwater Holdings Limited, Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd., Genesis Water Technologies, Inc., IDE Technologies, Koch Separation Solutions, Inc., The Dow Chemical Company, Veolia Environnement S.A., and Xylem, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800