The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Water Softeners Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global water softeners market size reached US$ 2.75 Billion in 2021. Water softeners refer to filtration systems designed to purify and soften hard water by removing high concentrations of calcium, magnesium, and other dissolved metals, such as zinc, iron, barium, aluminum, and manganese. They work by filtering out hard water minerals through reverse osmosis membranes, nanofiltration, or ion exchange resins. They also help reduce and prevent the formation of insoluble scale build-up in pipes and tanks, thereby extending the lifespan of plumbing fittings and other home appliances, such as dishwashers and washing machines. In recent years, water softeners have gained immense popularity in homes and commercial establishments as the consumption of hard water negatively impacts human health and household activities like cleaning, laundering and dishwashing.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Water Softeners Market Trends:
The increasing applications of water softeners across residential and commercial sectors represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the consumption of hard water can lead to cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and kidney stones due to the presence of salts. As a result, the escalating demand for safe and clean drinking water and the growing consumer awareness regarding such health hazards have augmented the demand for water softeners. Additionally, there has been widespread product adoption across various industries, including food processing, chemical, refineries, and textile, to enhance durability and extend the lifespan of operational equipment. In line with this, the implementation of stringent government policies and environmental regulations has accelerated the adoption of water softeners. Furthermore, the launch of innovative water softening systems that help minimize wastage and improve efficiency by reducing sodium and chloride content and making the water suitable for numerous applications has catalyzed the market growth. Other factors, including the expanding global population, rising water consumption, rapid industrialization, surging prevalence of water-borne diseases, aggressive promotional activities by key players, technological advancements, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 4.01 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.33% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into salt-based and salt-free water softeners.
- On the basis of the operational type, the market has been classified as electric and manual.
- The market has been segmented based on the process into ion exchange, distillation, and reverse osmosis.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into residential, municipal, industrial, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being 3M Company, A. O. Smith Corporation, Axel Johnson Inc., Canature Health Technology Group Co. Ltd., Culligan International Company, EcoWater Systems LLC, Haier Inc., Nuvo Residential, LLC, Pentair plc, US Water Systems Inc., Watts Water Technologies, Inc., and Whirlpool Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800